The Other Me

I am a girl
Who knows this other girl
She lives in another world
I think we resemble
But yet
She is a little disassembled
It's a slur when she talks
It's a blur when she walks
She stays inside and she writes all

night
Until life is no more

She put a knife to her heart
It left a scar
Kinda in the shape of a star
I asked her why she did it
She stopped and admitted
She prayed to God for the sins she committed
She cried
And cried
Because she hides
Whats inside ..

Whenever she wrote
She said the words had spoke
And they told her in such vulgar
That hate & lust was a must
So when she opens her mouth there is no sound
And when she opens her eyes there is no life
There's only black & white
Just her & the sky
It's always dark in our hearts
And I wonder why..

Court901This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:56 pm:
I really enjoyed reading this poem. It gave me chills it was so good. Keep up the good work.

iDani-iBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:59 pm :
- Thanks ! Your Comment Is Very Much Appreciated :)

becca.37This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 5:48 am:
Great poem!! The picture you chose made it even better. I loved all the details that made it dark and fearful, it was definitely chilling. I would suggest changing the word 'kinda' because it seems a bit like slang, but other wise, love it!

yesterday at 4:03 pm :
- Thank You Very Much ! :)

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 10:09 pm:
This is great! Really emotional. 

May 20 at 11:44 pm :
- Thanks ! Very Appreciated :)

wordnerd54This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19 at 10:34 pm:
Hi! Wow, I love this! It's so raw, so emotional. It's "dark and twisty" (hopefully you're a Grey's Anatomy fan.) The rhythm of it is intiguing. I love the way that the language is very simple - there's nothing fancy in it (in terms of big words, I mean!), and it shows the power in a simply worded poem. Great, great job!!

May 20 at 3:54 pm :
- Thank You Very Much ! And Unfortunately Im Not Really A Grey's Anatomy Fan ... I've Never Watched It Before But I Shall Give It A Try For You :)

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16 at 6:23 pm:
wow i loveee the rhthym of this. it's gorgeous.

May 16 at 8:01 pm :
:)))) Thanks Sarah ! 

OlveraJorge1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16 at 9:56 am:
Really moving and caught my emotional side! Replying back! THANK YOU! Please keep writing?

May 16 at 5:09 pm :
- Thank You So Much And Believe Me , I Will ! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 6:46 pm:
Very touched right now by this song. Defitnitely continue to write pieces like this. I enjoyed reading it. I love the title and the rythm to it. 3rd or so stanza is the best. I think anyone, regardless of gender, can relate to this song. It's very universal with its message and theme. 

May 15 at 8:40 pm :
- Thank You Sooo Much ! Thanks For Taking The Time To Actually Read This ! I Really Appreciate It :)