Follow Your Heart

Verse 1:
We hug. We flirt. We kiss. You even let me borrow your sweatshirts. We're the cutest couple out there, but you love her more than you could ever love me. oh baby.

Chorus:
I knew from the moment I let you in I'd never want to let you out, but there's a girl in your backyard waiting for you to follow your heart, and that won't lead you to me. o, baby, can't you see you're the one for me, but I'm not the one for you, so go be happy my darling and follow your heart.

Verse 2:
You walked in with this cute, little grin. I fell for you in an instant. From that moment on, I knew I was never the girl for you. oh.

chorus

bridge:
There's this girl looking cute with hair long like mine. She's a little taller than me, but not by too much. She's waiting for you to follow your heart. Now go.

chorus

Metal4Life said...
May 22, 2013 at 8:08 am
I liked this song despite my differing music intrests xD You did a great job a getting the point across that he is/was in love with another girl. I also like the repition of the song title throughout the song. many artists/ songwriters sometimes title their work something completly different than the song! Overall great job! I will rate your poems when i get home and can acess my ipad.