Backyard

She asked me what's it like to be young
And I said

"Backyards
Swingsets
Little houses
Big dreams
Green jeep
On green grass
Scooters
On never-ending streets
Blue skies
Beautiful stars
And fireflies
Fourth of July"

Funny how the grass is still green
The sky is still blue
Funny how it worked out
How we got so far

And I'll always say
"Backyards
Swingsets
Little houses
Big dreams"

Two little kids
That had to grow up
In a world like this
They never even knew

But they had their
"Backyard
Swingsets
Little houses
Big dreams"

Its all they ever wanted
Just to be themselves
No one else
It's all they ever needed

Why'd they have to say goodbye to the
"Backyard
Swingsets
Little houses
Big dreams"

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 5:50 pm:
I think this is officially my favorite poem on Teenink. Magnificent work! you have real talent

Ashers101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 10:47 am :
Oh wow thank you :)

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 22 at 10:10 am:
This is great. I hope people learn that they can just be them in this world. Thank you, for sharing this.

Jun. 22 at 9:10 pm :
Thank you so much :)

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21 at 9:54 pm:
simple and sweet, great job^^

Jun. 22 at 9:11 pm :
Thank you :)