Pure Country Heart

Verse 1- I remember the corn fields, and sweet smell of the grass. I had so much to live for and so much to pass. I remember the tractors, and the autumn leaves. I remember the corn bins, and that I had so much to see.
Chorus- I grew up in the country surrounded by autumn leaves. I remember running around in the corn fields, and chasing my dreams. I remember laying in the dark underneath all those country stars. So I’m never gonna forget where I came from cause I have a pure country heart.
Verse 2- I lived in the country until I was 7 years old, then moved out to the city where I looked back and saw my house sold. I told myself things don’t last forever, and I should just forget and let go. But then I realized I can’t forget because then I’d never know
Chorus- I grew up in the country surrounded by autumn leaves. I remember running around in the corn fielded imagining all I could be. I remember laying in the dark underneath all those country stars. So I’m never going to forget where I came from because I have a pure country heart.
Verse 3/Change of beat- I want to always remember all the land I had to roam on, and how I was able to make my big dreams come true. But the only way they did was keeping my heart a pure country heart like I always do.
Chorus- I grew up in the country surrounded by autumn leaves. I remember running around in the corn fields, and chasing my dreams. I remember lying in the dark underneath all those country stars, so I’m never going to forget where I came from, because what I have is a pure country heart.

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
47 songs? WOW. I've only got 22, and mine aren't all complete. This poem is so interesting! You really are great at creating a functional rhyme scheme and describing things so vibrantly, but I think you should add some more poetic effect to really spice it up! Add metaphors and similes and it should dramatically change the atmosphere of the piece. Great job!

WintersRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aww thank you :) well, now its 52 songs. I wrote 5 more in the time i posted this to now. I got a wave of inspiration! And thank you for the advice :) And all the compliments! :)

Oh and it is actually a song. I have written 3 poems, but this is a song. All of my articles on here are all songs except one, and the one that is not is a poem i wrote called Delicate Winters Rose. Check it out :)