Damsel in Distress | Teen Ink

Damsel in Distress

By LestyPatrick PLATINUM, Darlington, South Carolina
LestyPatrick PLATINUM, Darlington, South Carolina

"Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, in as much as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and very fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterward carefully avoid"John Keats

V1) Once upon a time I felt alive. You and I were sparks that could never die. You saved me from certain death. With you I felt incredible; you gave me wings, I was flying high in love. All I could see was happy endings in a drifting cloud nine.
Chorus) Fairy tale wings are made of dust and love is simply temporal lust. I crash back to earth and lay on fire, watching you run away with a new desire.
V2) Once upon a time I felt so free. You and I were a crazy team. You saved me from mediocrity and I was swept away into your fantasy. With you I felt invincible;I was flying high in ecstasy. All I could feel was bliss in a distant wonderland.
(Chorus)
Bridge) I see you’re living happily ever after. Your wishes were granted, and your dreams came true. You’re gleaming in shining armor, I’m stranded in the dirt, broken and burnt; abandoned for a better story.
(Chorus)