If You Were Mine

V1:
He has this smile that shines as bright as him, and he has those eyes that never ever fade or grow dim. But he's always dating a girl that just isn't right, but what can you do besides crying yourself to sleep at night?
And you see him in the hallway and you can't help but stare it's like you're attracted to him by a magnetic force in the air.

Chorus:

Well we could be a couple, the perfect two. Am I the only one that notices that she doesn't love you, the way I do. We could be flying over mountains and racing through the sky, instead of me watching you two and letting out a sigh, because she's just using you, but think of all we could do if you were mine.

V2:

You don't hear all the rumors she makes up about you, or how you believe everything she says. Baby she doesn't even love you, why don't you notice me instead?

Chorus

V3:

As I lay back at night and stare up at the stars, I think of your eyes and everything you are.

Bridge:

Cause I love each freckle on your face, how you're perfect at everything, and I love how I feel when you rarely look at me. Just think of all we could be!

Cause we could be flying over mountains and racing through the sky instead of me thinking about you and asking oh why?

Chorus

Ending:

If you were mine..... If you were mine.... If you were mine, oh-oh, we would shine.

jettabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your writing is amazing! Totally jelly. ;) Please keep writing; I look forward to reading more of your work!