Black Shadow | Teen Ink

Black Shadow

By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."

First verse-
All my life I have been hiding in the corner with nothing to say. I was a shy girl, blinded from the world i was supposed to be seeing today. The vision i had was filled with darkness, oblivious to the beautiful world that was awaiting for me. They never let me see who i could really be...

Chorus-
I am a girl in a raging storm, oblivious in the rain. I am a girl who sits in the corner waiting for her chance to shine. But I am a black shadow in the darkness and a beautiful girl in the light.

Second Verse-
Years and years go by with no one by my side. I am trying to keep going but nothing can hide this dying feeling inside. I am still waiting on a chance to not be oblivious, but right now I have a feeling that it will never come...

(Repeat Chorus)

Beat Change/Third Verse-
I am learning how to shine now, but learning how to fly now. My confidence is on the rise, and I learned this: I was a girl in a raging storm, oblivious to the world, but now I realize I don't have to be just an ordinary girl. I was a girl sitting in the corner waiting for her chance to shine. I am not a Black Shadow anymore, I am a beautiful girl who finally saw the light. The black shadow is finally gone, and I don't have to hide. Black Shadow, you had me covered, but now finally I know your never again going to send me under, and I am going to live in the light, now and forever.

I am a very shy girl, and have always been covered up, so this kind of describes me and i hope some of you others too!

Thank you so much!

Sash. BRONZE said...
Sash. BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan

"I guess it's true what they say, thought Shadow. If you can fake sincerity, you've got it made. Then he felt guilty for thinking it."

Okay, I really really like this. It reminds me a little of the song Little House by... The Fray, I think it is. It's really pretty, and I think, depending on how it was sung, and the music to go with it, it would be really emtional and even rather moving. I think I can relate to this, aha ^^