Black Shadow | Teen Ink

Black Shadow

October 6, 2012
By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
24 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."


First verse-
All my life I have been hiding in the corner with nothing to say. I was a shy girl, blinded from the world i was supposed to be seeing today. The vision i had was filled with darkness, oblivious to the beautiful world that was awaiting for me. They never let me see who i could really be...

Chorus-
I am a girl in a raging storm, oblivious in the rain. I am a girl who sits in the corner waiting for her chance to shine. But I am a black shadow in the darkness and a beautiful girl in the light.

Second Verse-
Years and years go by with no one by my side. I am trying to keep going but nothing can hide this dying feeling inside. I am still waiting on a chance to not be oblivious, but right now I have a feeling that it will never come...

(Repeat Chorus)

Beat Change/Third Verse-
I am learning how to shine now, but learning how to fly now. My confidence is on the rise, and I learned this: I was a girl in a raging storm, oblivious to the world, but now I realize I don't have to be just an ordinary girl. I was a girl sitting in the corner waiting for her chance to shine. I am not a Black Shadow anymore, I am a beautiful girl who finally saw the light. The black shadow is finally gone, and I don't have to hide. Black Shadow, you had me covered, but now finally I know your never again going to send me under, and I am going to live in the light, now and forever.


The author's comments:
I am a very shy girl, and have always been covered up, so this kind of describes me and i hope some of you others too!