The Things You Say | Teen Ink

The Things You Say

By WishesComeTrue GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada
WishesComeTrue GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada

" If you say life sucks, you can always change it because lifes what you make it."

I bet you never thought the things you say could hurt someone so bad that they can't say a word.
But the day has come when your true colors show. The day I realized everything was for show.
You said you loved me. But I guess the jokes on me. I never thought you could be so mean.
Chours: Every word you say stings like a bee sting. But the worst part is that you don't know your words hurt more than anything.Its almost like taking A gun shot to the heart. To bad i realized that are worlds are apart. 2x

Sorry I didn't finish!

on May. 20 2013 at 12:27 am
WishesComeTrue GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada

Thank you! I actually finished the song and I have a producer wanting me to be one of his song writers for his son. It sounds better now that its finished and I did take out sting for the finished copy. You were right it sounded better.

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hey there! It's rare that I read songs just because I feel that poems are more "my thing" but every now and then I will read them. So, this was a much shorter song than I normally see on here, but I like simple stuff, too. I like the small amount of rhyming in here. I thought it flowed pretty well. I thought the line 'Every word you say stings like a bee sting' could be edited a bit as far as taking out the second 'sting' and just simply leaving it at bee. It sounded better that way, to me, but it's your song. I think this has some potential, I would like to see the song once it's finished. Add some more metaphors and more rhymes when you do decide to extend it. Best of luck to you on your writings.