Acid Rain This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The droplets burn through my skin,
But I do not whine;
Pain and suffering begin
Yet it is all fine.

My flesh melts like a candle
Burned by fervent fire;
But what I cannot handle
Than pain far more dire

Is having the heart all bare
And burning apart;
The flesh may melt--I don't care--
But oh, not the heart.
But what

DawnieRae said...
Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:12 am
This is a great poem! I really like it! 

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much, DawnieRae.

thatunknownthing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:31 am
I really liked your piece, and the way you've written it, but I don't get your last line 'but what', does that mean something, or is it an error? Anyway, I'd rate this 4/5! 

Thank you as always. The last line I confess was an error. But like I told SaphiraBrightscales, this typo didn't prevent this poem from receving an Editors' Choice. Isn't that amazing? Thanks.

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was one clever way of saying what you just said here, But te lsat line left me a bit vague...I dunno...Maybe I didn't get it that's all....And the rhyme again: Awesome! Loved the way ou used "Whine" and "fine"...

The last line was a typo. But hey, it for me an editors' choice! But thank you!

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 am
You're most welcome! Hahaha look at all my typos up there!

Gotta love those mistakes that sometimes lead us to the greatest accomplishments in life, no? xD

Hahaha yes!

SecretFlame said...
The rhythm of this poem was exquisite! The comparison between acid rain on the skin and a burning heart was painful and breathtaking. Excellent I loved it :)

So happy you loved it! Thank you.

EPluribusUnum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really appreciate the subject of the poem, which is nicely highlighted by the rhyme scheme. There was  lot of melting imagery, and I got the idea that all the speaker's walls and barriers were being washed away, leaving, as you wrote, "the heart all bare."  Opeanness can be terrifying. Lovely poem.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm ecstatic that you liked it.