Acid Rain This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The droplets burn through my skin,
But I do not whine;
Pain and suffering begin
Yet it is all fine.

My flesh melts like a candle
Burned by fervent fire;
But what I cannot handle
Than pain far more dire

Is having the heart all bare
And burning apart;
The flesh may melt--I don't care--
But oh, not the heart.
But what

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:12 am:
This is a great poem! I really like it! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:15 pm :
Thank you so much, DawnieRae.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:31 am:
I really liked your piece, and the way you've written it, but I don't get your last line 'but what', does that mean something, or is it an error? Anyway, I'd rate this 4/5! 

Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:35 pm :
Thank you as always. The last line I confess was an error. But like I told SaphiraBrightscales, this typo didn't prevent this poem from receving an Editors' Choice. Isn't that amazing? Thanks.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:11 pm:
That was one clever way of saying what you just said here, But te lsat line left me a bit vague...I dunno...Maybe I didn't get it that's all....And the rhyme again: Awesome! Loved the way ou used "Whine" and "fine"...

Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:44 pm :
The last line was a typo. But hey, it for me an editors' choice! But thank you!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 am :
You're most welcome! Hahaha look at all my typos up there!

Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:30 pm :
Gotta love those mistakes that sometimes lead us to the greatest accomplishments in life, no? xD

Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:57 pm :
Hahaha yes!

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:06 pm:
The rhythm of this poem was exquisite! The comparison between acid rain on the skin and a burning heart was painful and breathtaking. Excellent I loved it :)

Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:47 pm :
So happy you loved it! Thank you.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:08 pm:
I really appreciate the subject of the poem, which is nicely highlighted by the rhyme scheme. There was  lot of melting imagery, and I got the idea that all the speaker's walls and barriers were being washed away, leaving, as you wrote, "the heart all bare."  Opeanness can be terrifying. Lovely poem.

Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm :
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm ecstatic that you liked it.