Love the Way You Lie - Skylar Grey Revise and Persona Mix - Open Your Eyes | Teen Ink

Love the Way You Lie - Skylar Grey Revise and Persona Mix - Open Your Eyes

By Phina ELITE, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Phina ELITE, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Some of the best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

“On the first page of our story, the future seemed so bright. But this thing turned out so evil, I don’t know why I’m still surprised. Even angels have their wicked schemes, and you take them to new extremes, but you’ll always be my hero even though you’ve lost your mind.” You’re my angel in disguise mourning life because eventually it dies. And I'll always be right there dancing in your eyes. Cause all the angels didn’t know you were my angel from the skies.
“Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, but that’s alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and here me cry, well that’s alright because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie…” You’re always telling me I’m beautiful but I see what you’re doing now and it’s not gonna fly. You always told me I was special learn someday I’m just the same as everybody else but I swallowed up your pretty lies.
“Now there’s gravel in our voices, glass is shattered from the fight, and this tug-of-war you’ll always win. Even when I’m right. Cause you feed me fables from your head with violent words and empty threats; and it’s sick that all these battles are what keeps me satisfied.” I let you push me, pull me, kiss me, let me go. Now I know that all this time I didn’t show I swam against your flow and fought so hard not to let you go. But I’m over that now, don’t you see? All the things confusing you are crashing over me in this sea of meaningless things and memories long burned.
“Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, but that’s alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and here me cry, well that’s alright because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie.” (Just up and let me…)
“So maybe I’m a masochist. I try to run but I don’t ever wanna leave. Till the walls are going up in smoke with all our memories. Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, but that’s alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry, but that’s alright because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie…” F***ing no, let me go. I can’t breathe, can’t you see? All this s*** you’re doin’ to me. F*** the world drop the show, let ‘em all know just what you feel. End this game it’s all the same, all the pain, none of the gain, let go drop your show spread your lips and let them blow. I’m tired of waiting around for you to stand up be a man show me all those things you can do. “I love the way you lie… I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie…”