Haunting Lies | Teen Ink

Haunting Lies

By Raven_Deathwing PLATINUM, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Raven_Deathwing PLATINUM, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

'my happiness is only a mask i wear to hide the tears i cry'

Verse 1: The times we spent have slowly faded away into nothingness…we cannot go back to how things once were. But one of these days I’ll finally find my courage to go back and tell you how much I’ve missed you since you left

Verse 2: This time I will be stronger to save myself from these demons that continue to haunt me deep inside…yet my soul continues to scream your name, in hopes you come back to me…

Bridge: I cannot feel you there anymore since I’ve become numb with heartache and pain…these tears I slowly cry are made out of blood instead…but one thing I know is I am being hunted, haunted, and I cannot do this anymore because…

Chorus: My life is fading away, the lies that were told were haunting me to the very end…the time of love and peace is over and now war is upon us again…but I will never give up this hope I have for us to be together…for these haunting lies cannot keep me out anymore

Verse 3: I will soon find my way through this labyrinth and be free from all that holds me down…nothing can stop me now, except for you saying you care, and that you were wrong…but is it too late for me? For us? For this world?

Bridge
Chorus

Verse 4: I’m becoming so numb that I cannot feel you here anymore…I cannot feel anyone who is near me…I am slowly leaving this world and once I am gone, there is no turning back, no coming back to this lost and broken world…

Verse 5: I will never believe the lies that were said to me, I will never return back to my old ways…my happiness is only a mask that I hide behind, the only thing that matters to me is you…

Bridge (x2)
Chorus (x3)

Verse 6: These tears I cry can only be seen in the moonlight…the scars I bear are shown when one truly cares…