It'll Never be the Same | Teen Ink

It'll Never be the Same

All the time wasted. All the years waiting. All the crying nights. All the flashing lights. Distant rumbles of thunder. That's what we think, but we all know better.
Guns are going off. Blood is being spilled. Soldiers are dying. Children are crying. Families are grieving, hoping, believing. But it'll never be the same.
All the pain and loss. All the need and love. All of everything and yet having nothing. All the soldiers lying in the mud. Flowing rivers of blood. Wanting to feel love, but feeling nothing at all.
All the years gone by. All the history made. All the memories slowly fade away. All the pain being numbed away. Feeling but not truly feeling. Wanting and only wanting. Hoping and wishing on stars, but they're not coming true. Even now that the war is over.
No more guns are going off. No more blood is being spilled. No more soldiers dying. No more children crying. Families still grieving, still hoping, believing. But it'll never be the same. It'll never be the same. No, it'll never be the same.

I end up thinking about war a lot and all of the families who have lost or are afraid of losing someone they love in a war. So I wrote this to say that after someone has undergone a war, their life won't be the same as it was before.