"The Blackout"

(Verse 1)
Can we end this right now
I'm lying face on the ground
Reaching up to your hand
Pouring my whole heart out
Drowning the pain that's left now
With every drop I wash down
Until I can't make a sound
There's no turning back now
There's no backing out.
(Chorus)
It's in the blackout when I see you, with the sweetest smile. It's in that moment when I break down, cause you're no longer mine. It's in the nightmare when I see you, lying next to her. It's in the morning when I wake up, it all becomes a blur. But then I close my eyes, begin to breathe. Tell myself it's how this has to be. I fall back down, for a little while. It's in the blackout when I see you, with the sweetest smile.
(Verse 2)
I take the pill, I wash it down
Until the room is upside down
I make you think that I'm alright
Look close, the pain's still in my eyes
The eyes you see through every time
Now they're too big to see the signs
Wide awake till 6 a.m.
Until I feel it at its end
The night so long, the come down rough
I close my eyes
I've had enough.
(Chorus)
It's in the blackout when I see you, with the sweetest smile. It's in that moment when I break down, cause you're no longer mine. It's in the nightmare when I see you, lying next to her. It's in the morning when I wake up, it all becomes a blur. Then I close my eyes, begin to breathe. Tell myself it's how this has to be. I fall back down, for a little while. It's in the blackout when I see you, with the sweetest smile.
(Verse 3)
Save me now, there's no more hope. Without you here, I let go.
(Chorus)

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Diamonds23 said...
Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:04 am:
I love this one.  I have seen other work from this writer, she is awesome:)