Good Old Days | Teen Ink

Good Old Days

By LoveInTheAshes SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
LoveInTheAshes SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Young and Reckless, Live Like your dieing

I’m tired of trying for you, I’m tired of crying over you, I wish I could go back into time where all the things were simple and I was small I wish I was still foolish and young, I wish all this madness would go away, I miss the good old days.

I miss the times I sat on the porch and listened to you talk.
I miss the times we danced together just for fun.
I miss the times when love was an unknown word.
I miss the times when I was ignorant and new to the world.
I’m still young, but the madness is freaking me out!
Why cant it be simpler? Why cant it be easy?
I miss the good old days.

Nothing really matters anymore, the madness is killing me, don’t be worried if I’m not back tomorrow. Don’t be scared if I lose my love for life, it’s already fading, I wish I could go back into time. There is a light at the end of the tunnel but it is slowly fading again, I want to turn back, but in reality its impossible. I wish I was back in time, where ignorance was really bliss.

Fading into the shadows, nothing really matters, no one can see, nothing really matters to me.
Where ever the wind blows is where I will go, I have to follow my path to a brighter side but.,..

I miss the good old days.

The good old days is a thing I call bliss, but we need to move on, face the truth, we cant go back into time, the real world is coming and we have to brace ourselves for our future,

But I still miss the good old days.

Missing back when you were younger, and things were simpler, not so much drama, the only getting high, was on a swing, the worst pain was a scraped knee, the oposite gender had cooties, and the only type of babies we had, were the fake ones.