Sea of Memories This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Let it go, let it go,
He wants her, she's going slow,
He's innocent, but she lets it show,
She's got a sea of memories,
Floating around her cove.

Around her head, the waves crash in,
Ocean tears soak her pillow and bed,
Love bites, he will never know,
Her ocean waste, mermaid foam.

Stone cold, yet her heart is gold,
Buried treasure, a shell of holes,
Sea of memories come crashing in,
Jumping waves never let her win.
No home among the sand,
No one there to lend a hand.

Magnificent scales, mermaid hair,
Shiny tail, scintillating stare,
No soul, immortal hell,
She dips in her sea of tears.
Drowns in fear, but she has fins.
No new life will ever live,
Her sea of memories will begin.

NovaSoccerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks everyone for the nice comments :)

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree; the assonance was wonderful. I really liked this poem and how it was a metaphor in its entirety. It honestly did make my brain work a little bit! (: Fantastic job.

Estelle18 said...
May 4, 2012 at 10:35 am
very interesting. I liked it. Check out some of my work if you can. 

Sassy24 said...
May 1, 2012 at 10:29 am
Wonderful Poem!  I noticed right away that you used assonance.  At the end of the poem, I realized that the whole thing was a metaphor!  I think a lot of people like the ocean, so it was good that you compared it to the ocean.  Nice job, it was a very thought provoking poem(: