Someone like you | Teen Ink

Someone like you

By Britt_Tin BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois
Britt_Tin BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois

“You know how the time flies only yesterday was the time of our lives. we were born and raised in a summer haze bound by the surprise of our glory days”
We used to have fun; we used to talk all the time, now you’re just a fading memory. Your changing so fast, you say it’s me, but you should take a look in the mirror.

“Old friend, why are you so shy? Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light”
You were outgoing, athletic, spontaneous and carefree now every day is a new excuse why you wont talk to me. Either your sick or tired or just to damn lazy, but lately I realized your not good enough for me.
“Never mind, I'll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you Don't forget me, I begged, I remember you said sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead”
Its time to move on; make you realize what you had. You said you were different but, you were always so sad. You never cared, told the truth, was this all just a lie? I guess we’ll never know but deep down inside the guilt, the guilt, will eat you alive. If she makes you happy I guess that’s fine. Just know when she breaks your heart, don’t come running back to me. I’m over you, I’m gone, there’s nothing to change. Maybe next time you have a girlfriend give her the time of day.

This is about my ex boyfriend who was totally a jerk and i knew he liked this other girl and would lie all the time.