It's This Thing Called A Kiss | Teen Ink

It's This Thing Called A Kiss

By sweetheart2598 SILVER, Atlatna, Georgia
sweetheart2598 SILVER, Atlatna, Georgia

Lord Yes

She was 14 walking through that high school door with nothing but a pen and dreams
Headed down the hallway eyes wide open looked like nothing she had ever seen

She saw the football star with the nice brown hair, the one that everybody knew
He walked over to her and asked are you free tonight I’d like to get to know you

She could picture that night it was all that she wanted, all that she hoped for
But there was something that was missing something that she needed something she was waiting for

It’s this thing called a kiss, something to tell you that I love you, something a girl can’t miss
It’s this thing called love, something that’s hard to find but once you got it it’s there for life
And it all starts with that one thing a girl can’t miss, it’s this thing called a kiss

She ran up to her room after that day getting ready for tonight
She heard knocking on her door and saw his face by the dim porch light

She waved to her mamma and smiled at her daddy the two were headed for the dance
And when he got that first glimpse of her he smiled in a trance

(Bridge)
And when they got out the car they walked inside opened those big gym doors
She heard the slow song come on that’s when she got what she was looking for

(Add some background vocals at this part)
She got that thing called a kiss something that told her that he loved her something a girl can’t miss
She had that thing called love something that’s hard to find but know she has it and its there for life
And it all started with that one thing a girl can’t miss that thing called a kiss

(Only guitar plays)

Well, I'm leaving my school next year because it only goes up to 8th grade :(. This is my stereo typical version of what young high school romance might be like.