messages

when i was a young girl my papa took me in his hands and said, "If you keep that head up and if you stay strong you could be a star, star of the city."

when i was a young girl just a little bit older and maybe a bit stronger my mama took me by the hand and said, "You could be a bird and fly, fly away from all the pain you've had to face."

when i got a little bit older and my papa flew away i guess he couldn't handle all that pain i didn't know what to do and i didn't know what to say so my mama took me by the hands that day and said, " if you look up at the sky past those shining stars and if you listen to the wind you'll hear those messages for you."

when my sister came to stay i took her in my arms that day and said, "if you keep your head up and if you stay strong you'll be a star, star of the city.'

when my sister couldn't stay and my mama ran away i didn't know what to say, didn't know what to do so i looked up at the sky past those shining stars and i listened to the wind and i hear those messages, if you keep your head up and if you stay strong you'll be a star star of the city...we love you

lanaC said...
Love this! A lot of times newage writers forget to add moral...but yours is very clear here

reader123 replied...
thanks! :)

Mrs.Darcy said...
This is really good. I like the message!

MsAnonymous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think you should add some puncuation and capitalization but it has it's a nice poem

reader123 replied...
thanks, its a song autually, but thatks.

reader123 said...
the " is actually just supost to be quotion marks....