Wings and Halos

You walked in and you caught my eye you had me believing that love is alive looking at you then you had me hypnotized you think me naive, you put on that same old facade you had the wings and halos of an angel but you had the lips of deceit you hung up this noose waiting for me to strangle you had me believing so many lies and what not i guess things will never change the wings and halos will forever seem so strange
my heart was taken my soul was shaken the love i was not fakin. well as you can see im not so naive, i can tell she's a lot like me, yet she's nothing like me. you left me hanging, gasping for breath trying to find wings and a halo. ones that will set me free, but i am filled to the brim with sin, and i will not find them. time and time again you thought me naive, yes i have the lips of deceit. i hung up this noose waiting for myself to strangle, I keep myself believing so many lies and what not, i guess things will never change, and now these wings and halos seem so far away. that was some time ago, i walk in and you caught my eye, sitting all alone. I never knew this side of you. my curls fall, and your face brightens when you look my way, but yet you stay pushed against the wall because you lost your wings and halos. I was given the chance to be an angel. I know that you aren't naive, and you are not innocent. But now my child has your wings and your very halos. he's an angel, he will never strangle, his lips are pure with no trace of deceit. he keeps me believing the truth, no lies and what not. things have forever changed. the wings and halos are here everyday, they will never go away, "Daddy grab your wings and halos and join us today" is all you can ever hear him say

Lynnette-luvs-peace said...
Amazing! I really felt the words when i read it not just word...after word....after word. its really good!

Starrrh replied...
Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:39 am
thanks! it's all just built up emotion

wilderose121 said...
This is beautiful! 5/roses. fcd.

Starrrh replied...
Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:39 am

thank you