Lord give us a day | Teen Ink

Lord give us a day

October 25, 2011
By hunter.G GOLD, Shrevport, Louisiana
hunter.G GOLD, Shrevport, Louisiana
14 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
\" If everyone wished for peace instead of a new television set, then there\'d be peace\".


Verse 1 :
Lord give us a day the world could smile. Give a day we could just love for awhile.

Lord give us a day we hug everyone we see. Give a day that only has peace.

pre chorus:

Instead of wishing of money and fame, every one could wish the same.
Instead of praying for what we want to be, every one could pray for peace..

Chorus:
We can walk with angels without passing away. We could give love with every word we say..
Lord give us that day. Give us that day..

Verse 2:
God hand us love in our lives,
show us way to have peace in our minds.

God hand us a day when nobody is blue. Give it to us and I'll give it all for you.

Chorus:
And we could walk with angels without passing away. We could show love with every word we say..
Lord just give us that day.
Give us that day.

Bridge:
Love could be the only thing, pain would be no more. Only peace and harmony to open every door.

Verse 3:
Lord forgive our sins, and bring peace within..
Show us a time no one would fight.
Instead of doing wrongs we could do the rights.
The world could lay down it's arms, nobody wanted to do anyone any harm.

Verse 4:
Give us a time for black and for white.
A day the blind man would get back his sight.

Chorus:
We could walk with angels without passing away, the world could show love with every word we say.
God give us that day. Just give us that day..

Bridge:
Love could be the only thing, pain would be no more. Only peace and harmony to open every door..

Chorus:
Let us walk with angels without passing away, let us show love with every word we say..
Lord give us that day, give us that day..

Outro:
Give a day the sick and cripple could walk one more mile, and the whole world would smile..
This is all I pray. Lord give us that day..


The author's comments:
I've been seeing lots of people losing their loved ones and feeling sadness and sorrow so I wrote this song. It started out as me praying to the lord for a day we could just smile, but it ended up with me writing this song about it.