Under the Same Moon | Teen Ink

Under the Same Moon

By dontforget GOLD, Cortland, New York
dontforget GOLD, Cortland, New York

"The best things in life are left unseen. That's why we close our eyes when we cry, kiss, and dream."

I can hear the hum
I can feel your veins
Reaching out just to catch your pain

I used to know how to dream
now life flows on, like an endless stream

Melancholy goodbyes

Your tears are just another drop into the sea
Sometimes it's hard to believe you breath the same air as me

So watch the moon-fall on your silent balcony
And I'll gaze too,
If I can blank out the city streets

The same stars above,
day after day
seem different now, as I see your face

I'll cover your fears with my flushed cheek bones
as you kiss me
between the ears

dontforget GOLD, Cortland, New York

Thanks(: thats not h

EmmaNemma GOLD said...
EmmaNemma GOLD, The Shire, Vermont

If you think you are a hypochondriac by definition aren't you?

I really like this poem. I like the way how it slowly transitions from a structured rhyme to more free speak. When I read this I imagined a girl waiting for a soldier to come back home.

ellsieSeraphina BRONZE, Winchester, Massachusetts
^^ no problem! Glad to help out! This is really beautiful.

dontforget GOLD, Cortland, New York

Thanks for your insight! The flushed cheek bones was to portay an embarassment that was more that skin deep..like a warm blush, but thanks cause i never thought of it the way you had. (:

Hey dontforget,

I really like this poem. It conveys a lot of an emotion which is easily relatable. First off, the photograph is beautiful. The expression is amazing and the girl is beautiful. (Sorry, I know we're talking about the poem) There are a few parts of the imagery which I don't quite understand, the most prominate of which is the phrase "my flushed cheek bones". Bones cannot be flushed. I think the word "bones" sort of throws off the balance of this work because it makes the narrator sound lifeless ie. emotionless which doesn't fit at all with the highly emotive tone of the other stanzas. If, on the other hand, you used the word "bones" to suggest that the flush was more than skin deep then bravo for the image but perhaps there is a more clear way to phrase it where it wont throw off the balance as much.

Also, I love the image of a "moon-fall" I think that's beautiful.

Thanks for sharing =)

-AngelSeraphina

Jappyalldayeveryday, Detroit, Michigan

They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of an eye

I like how it rhymes though I don't like some of the description

dontforget GOLD, Cortland, New York

Thanks:) and yeah as you can tell i'm a "spelling champien" haha jk nah just a typo.

dontforget GOLD, Cortland, New York

Thank you! That means a lot(:

Loftus GOLD said...
Loftus GOLD, Ocoee, Florida

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

I like this a lot! Although |I think you meant to put "breathe" instead of "you breath the same air as me" Other than that good job!

ReadWriteBreathe PLATINUM, Pocatello, Idaho

"You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you" Tyler Durden Fight Club

This is one of the favorites I've read on the site. I love the imagry and the concept. It's very original. You're a really good writer. Great job.