the way i am | Teen Ink

the way i am

September 24, 2011
By Elijah23 GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
Elijah23 GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
17 articles 0 photos 10 comments

The way I am
8-2-11
Intro
When you’re at the end of the road. When your mind has taken its toll…and your faith walks on broken glass. It the way I am, (Leggo)...
1st verse
Day after another everything stays like I found it. Nothing will ever change me like the promise I made with Jackie that’s a promise that’ll live to my very last breath. (Till I’m gone) no such thing gone forever I’ll always be around when you’re feeling down. It’s the way I am (to the bone).
Chorus
Dreams and the stars are falling right out of big ol’ beautiful night sky hear the cries of the gods calling down on me restoring the balance to the world. (Like Yin and Yang) all the way down he sang with the passion of heart and his mind to bring the world outta the darkness and into the light. (Where we thrive)You’re lucky to be alive.
2nd Verse
My goal in life is become the best of the best so going on till the end there’s no rest. Can’t close my eyes until I succeed in my collections of my songs and poems. (Better know em).It the way I am I had a difficult life my life, it’s like the board game of life and I win every time. (Don’t even know how to play) Raping is like a tradition like Halloween (Run!) it’s Michael Myers! (Naw) I’m done running Imma hold my ground get ready to make the world shake cause of this epic battle. Well settle in let me guide through the valley of Death (I ain’t afraid) of anything as long I got Jesus of my wooden cross. Remember… (Fear nothing but fear it).
Chorus
Dreams and the stars are falling right out of big ol’ beautiful night sky hear the cries of the gods calling down on me restoring the balance to the world. (Like Yin and Yang) all the way down he sang with the passion of heart and his mind to bring the world outta the darkness and into the light. (Where we thrive)You’re lucky to be alive.
3rd verse
Can’t you see why I’m so nice to you and every one around you? Half the time I act like stuff don’t phase me.( deep down it’s drives my mind outta control) Times like these you tend to know who’re your real friends if they’re with you till the end.