She Woke Up

And she woke up
And the sun was beaming;
The birds were singing her song
She closed her eyes
And harmonized in a yawn

And she knows

That today

Is going to change her life forever

And she believes

That yesterday

Meant more to her than anything

And anyone can see that

She’s in love

So full of life
She could not hide
The light shining out of her brown eyes
She lit the room with a smile
And graced the air with a gentle pride

I had a dream last night
That I was yours and you were mine
And everything was alright
But dreams like that just fade into the sunshine

And she knows

That today

Is going to change her life forever

And she believes

That yesterday

Meant more to her than anything

And anyone can see that

She’s in love

On the other side
Of the world he slept
The sun on him had just set
On her it rose
And on dreams of her in his head

And he knows

That tonight

Is going to change their lives forever

And he hopes

That the note he sent

Will bring her back the time they spent

He can’t wait to let her know

He’s coming home

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:40 pm:
I love this! It really struck a chord in my heart. I have a big spot in my heart for the people in the military, and poems relating to them just make me want to cry, sing and cry some more all at the same time.

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:17 pm :
Thanks :) Me too.

Lexie96 said...
This is so great, I don't even know what to say to tell you how blown away I was. It hits very close to home... I'll leave it at that. Think maybe you could check out my work sometime?

Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm :
Thanks! Of course I will.

RandomInspiration said...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:36 am:
Wow...that was truly amazing and inspiring.  Your word choice is so perfect, and i don't know if you made up the "eye of the storm" thing but regardless, it makes the whole piece even more beautiful.  Spectacular :)

musicispassion said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:54 am:
i would really appreciate it if u could look at my work i love to hear from people great work keep it up

Zildj This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:02 am :
Haha, thanks. I've already looked at over half your work over the past few weeks. I'll give you some feedback if you want. You keep up the good work, too, ok?

musicispassion replied...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:09 am :
thanks i would love feedback :P

SN3RD said...
Nice poem! I posted a chapter of my book if you could read and rate and comment it, I'd really like that. And some references would be nice

BrightBurningCampeadorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 2:17 pm:
This is great! Do you have music that goes with it yet?

Jul. 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm :
There is an unfortunate performance of it on youtube at my channel, gzunzicker. Hope you like :)

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm:

Wow... I sound pretty crazy here don't I? haha. I mean I WAS crazy about your poem but yeesh! I had no idea I had used so many exclamation points.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) lol

Jul. 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm:
Oh my gosh!!! This is my absolute favorite. I had goosebumps at the end (and i mean literally!) WOW!!! It's awesome. Just to let you know, I'm favorite-ing it. If that is okay with you! :) LOOOOVE it. ;)

Zildjian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:17 pm :

Thanks .....    

:D

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:32 pm :

wow... I sounded like i was going crazy didn't I? lol! I mean i was crazy about the poem but yeesh i didn't know I put so many exclamation points.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:34 pm :

wow. I sound like a crazy person don't I? haha I mean, I was crazy about your poem and all, but man, I went overboard with the exclamation points... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)