Waiting | Teen Ink

Waiting

By Devers SILVER, Richmond, Virginia
Devers SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

Dream a little dream for me.

My heart my soul is full, full of wonder and fascination I wonder constantly what this world has in store for me. Will my name be scrolled in lights will I be in the highlights of magazines of magazines. So I just wait for someone to come and find me in the dim spot light.

Chorus-I try and try to wait patiently but sometimes I just lose my mind trying to think of someway someway to get recognized. Will it be today will it be tomorrow will it ever be some day.

Sometimes I feel so weird maybe even a bit crazy but I just kick the thought aside and come up with the lines. The lines that I sing the lines that slip of my brain but it's like they don't even realize no they don't even realize.

Chorus I try and try to wait patiently but sometimes I just lose my mind trying to think of someway someway to get recognized. Will it be today will it be tomorrow will it ever be some day.

Then I think about what's too come my whole life my future Rome if I'm ever going some where in this big world they call our home. Will I be in the dark or maybe the shadows who knows oh who knows.

Chorus-All I knows is that I try and try to wait patiently but sometimes I just lose my mind trying to think of someway someway to get recognized. Will it be today will it be tomorrow will it ever be some day.

Just got to keep waiting, just got to keep on waiting, waiting for someone to see the me that I'm meant to be.