Wasted | Teen Ink

Wasted

By Liberty_Cobain GOLD, Gratiot, Ohio
Liberty_Cobain GOLD, Gratiot, Ohio

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." Kurt Cobain.

I've tried and tried,
To see my efforts
Weren't worth the tears I've cried.
And all the time I've wasted
Trying to make you mine.
Turned out worthless,
A waste of precious time.

Give me a reason, give me a sign. This mix up, break up, fake up, Ain't worth my time. Hey, I wanna know why, I thought there was something there Well my chances are through. Nice to know I've wasted my time on you.

I've seen my love go Right through you I thought that you would know That I loved you, I knew I did I guess losers like me Never really win.

You were all I wanted But were stuck in place Its like I was running in slow motion, But now i've lost the race.

Now the chance has dissapeared, It's over, it's through. Thank you for the time I've wasted on you.

This piece is about liking someone for a long time, realizing they don't like you back and feeling like you have wasted time on them. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to something like this.