By Your Side

No matter when
No matter where
No matter why
I’ll be there

When you’re feeling lost
When you’re feeling down
I’ll be by your side
Faster than the speed of sound

No matter the time
No matter the place
No matter the date
I’ll be your saving grace

When you’re feeling confused
When you’re feeling left behind
I’ll be by your side
Faster than the blink of an eye

No matter the cost
No matter the weather
No matter the distance
We’ll be together

When you’re feeling alone
When you’re feeling angry
I’ll be by you side
Faster than lightening

I’ll never quit
I’ll never stray
I’ll be by your side
Until the day

When you can walk on your own
When you can spread your wings and fly
When you can touch the stars
When you don’t need me by your side

When you’re feeling complete
When you’re feeling alive
I’ll still be with you
But no longer by your side

When you feel happy
When you feel free
I’ll be there for you
Whenever you need me

To put a smile on your face
To wipe the tears away
To make you laugh
To make your pain fade

There’s no need to say goodbye
Because I’ll never part
But if you ever need me
Just look inside your heart

I’ll be there

elisianicole101 said...
This is sooooo amazing!!!! Well written i wish i culd give it more stars(: lol check out my stuff i would really like your opinion on sum of it(:

.AKA.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! I would love to see your work. :)

heather_me said...
I loved this! great job. this poem made me smile. I think alot of people need this.

Thanks! I'm glad I made you smile. :)

heather_me replied...
if u could check my work out it would be great not many people do beside family n they only commented when using my profile so it looks like i commented but it wasnt me! so if u could please take a look at my poems it would help! thanks

SBM706 said...
I like how you used repetition through out your poem, but it wasn't the same repetition the whole entire time to where it got aggravating. I could feel a beat going on in my head as I read your poem. I couldn't tell this was towards someone who was depressed though. I thought you wrote it towards a best friend. 

Thanks! :) I can see where it is toward a best friend and being there for them. Also, I could say I wrote this after my dream and thought it was related but it might not have been. I really appreciate your comment though. :)

703mmc said...

I like the constant repetition you had through out the entire poem. I liked how each stanza had it's own repetition in it. It created a beat in my head as I read it. I also liked how some poems rhymed, but there was really no exact rhyme scheme. 

Thanks for commenting. I appreciated it. :)