Every Saturday

I know the numbers I'm dialing

won't worry 'bout what to say

It just comes naturally when we're talking

Every Saturday

Every Saturday

I call you up

Every Saturday

we just talk, talk, talk

You live so faraway

but I won't give up

feeling closer to you

and you know that I do

Every Saturday

We chat about things I'm doing

then I ask what you've done today

You did chores but now you're viewing

the shows on TV

Every Saturday

I call you up

Every Saturday

we just talk, talk, talk

When you feel dismay

I'll cheer you up

Bring a smile to your face

in a while you're OK

Every Saturday

I call you today

and we chat about

the weather

and how I wish we were together

Favorite shows

JB is on TV

and who knows

the family news

like who's dating whom

and Frankie who's my one true love

He and I are like turtledoves

It seems we've been on the line forever

so I say I gotta go

and that I love and miss you so

Every Saturday

Every Saturday

I call you up

Every Saturday

we just talk, talk, talk

I had fun today

calling you up

Laughing away the whole time

chatting with you is divine

Every Saturday

I think you're the greatest grandma

living in the whole wide world today

And I'm so glad that I get to call you

Every Saturday

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
It was very sweet, I loved reading it!

Robyn97 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 11:55 am
This is so sweet! More people should have this close of a relationship with their grandparents.

RFrocker23 said...
This is cute! I thought this was about a relationship until i got to the end and was pleasantly surprised it was about your grandma. I also think you should show this to her!

JustAnotherOwl said...
This is so sweet! (: Have you showed her this? If not, you should! (: This is really good!

Raytheraym said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:52 am
Very good! It's so sweet and heartfelt. :)

The Gardener said...

Redhair Cat!

These words warmed my heart!

It's a Saturday celebration!!

Congratulations!

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Hey, new work of mine got posted! Please check it out! Thanks!

Just.A.Dream said...
I love it! I'm so glad that you wrote this, and that you get along with your grandma so well! :) Simple, and sweet! Niiice job!

Thank you! My grandma inspires me - so I've written lots of songs about her!

Scarecrow said...
It's very cute and loving. It's wonderful to see someone celebrate their relationshop with their grandma.

Thank you!

green-eyed lady said...
I love these lyrics and they deserve 5 stars in my opinion; unfortunately I hit the 1-star key by mistake. You are awesome...keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback!

LadyMoon said...
This song is freakin' awesome. I LOVED it!! dEFinintly one of my faves. keep up the good work!

GodStrongKid replied...
Wow I really like a lot of your work.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad that you liked the song! Hey, could you please check out my song called MY FRIEND? Thanks!

GodStrongKid replied...
Uh... I don't see a song on your profile called My Friend. Has it been published on the website yet?

Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:38 am

Oops! Sorry about that! I submitted it under "anonymous" and forgot that it won't show up under my name. They, you could check out "Before I Can Write a Song". That's under my name!

Thanks!