To See the Sun Rise | Teen Ink

To See the Sun Rise

War is raging in your eyes, tears are hiding compromise, life is hanging by a thread, you're falling, you're falling..
Don't let go of morning's kiss, you weren't born to earth for this, there's still more beyond this wall, don't stop here, keep running

~<3~
Don't you ever want a life to live? don't you ever want a hand to hold? can't you see me running toward you, don't you know i care about you, don't you ever want a heart to love, can't you hear the world calling out your name.. Just get back up again, to see the sun rise

Can't you see beyond this town, just ignore the world around, just imagine so much more, its coming, its coming
just cuz there's a thunderstorm, doesn't mean the sun won't show, think of all the people now, they're drowning, they're drowning..

we're falling, i'm crying, i'm drowning with the rest of them, so selfish, don't go that low, rewind.......

don't you ever want a life to live?
don't you ever want a hand to hold?
can't you see them running toward you, don't you know they care about you,
don't you ever want a heart to love? Can't you hear the world calling out your name, just get back up again, to see the sun rise.
whats the point of giving up if you believe in second chances? There's always another chance.
i promise.

I wrote this in honor of everyone who doesn't think that life is worth the fight,
because I believe that it is.