Six Houses This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Once upon a time, there was a little girl, who lived in six houses all over the world.
Six houses to love.
Six houses to make.
Six dreams that maybe this time they'd stay.

Music would play from the hearts of the homes, of things that had gone, and things that would come.
Six times Daddy broke.
Six times Mama cried.
Six times came the moment when they said goodbye.

When the little girl cried, her Mama would say, "Baby, we're all like birds, sometimes birds fly away." But the girl would still cry and the Daddy would pray, and the Mama would lie and the music would play.

When the Church bells stopped ringing, each time like the last, they pulled out the boxes and dug up the past.
Six times they packed secrets.
Six times they packed lies.
Six times they were shattered, but wore a disguise.

When the little girl cried, her Daddy would say, "Life's and adventure, It turns many ways." But the girl would still cry, and the Daddy would pray, and the Mama sang softly, and the music would play.

Six times came the fears, breaking the surface as waters surrounding them churned.
Six times came the stories of laughter and glory, left behind, waiting to burn.

When the little girl cried, her Mama would say, "Baby I don't know why, but it happens this way.” But the little girl cried, and her Daddy did too, he said, “Honey, I’m sorry I’ve done this to you.” But it wasn’t his fault, she knew that, even then. She prayed God would make Daddy happy again. So the Daddy would cry, and the little girl prayed, and the Mama sang softly and the music played.