I don't have a title for this. | Teen Ink

I don't have a title for this.

By AngryTurtle BRONZE, Cranston, Rhode Island
AngryTurtle BRONZE, Cranston, Rhode Island
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Where man cannot find anything to grasp or to see anymore, he has no business being" - Friedrich Nietzsche

I breathe the air that is too pure,
I'll take away your toys and turn them into soldiers.
Put water on my head that's really fire,
Put the hole in my head so I'm a survivor.

A nail in a handful of screws,
The world is my playground, the nation's my muse.
Tear the skin, but still need to be praised,
Soft paws and hard claws, that's how life is played.

This is just something I fired off at random; I don't really plan out this stuff, I prefer it to be improvisational above other things.

juliette said...
on Jun. 10 2010 at 10:33 am
juliette, Gdynia, Other

i get it. i sometimes have these days when ideas just flow through my mind and i don't even have a way to jot them down. sometimes they wait 'in there' and i can capture them, but too often they just come and go, and are gone for good.

i really like your work, it reminds me a bit of poetry and lyrics by polly scattergood, who happens to be my favorite author.

on Jun. 9 2010 at 2:47 pm
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Thanks, I appreciate the good words. I would beg to differ about it being brilliant, though you can think what you'd like. On the other hand, I prefer almost all of what I do to be improvisational, because if it's not, the fun gets taken out of it. I always seem to have a bunch of ideas flowing through my head at once, so it's hard to remember them all or capture them all on paper, but it usually ends up coming back to me anyway. Thanks again.

juliette said...
on Jun. 9 2010 at 2:03 pm
juliette, Gdynia, Other

omg, this is brilliant. you can tell it was pretty random, but it has emotions to it, it's like real poetry.

i wish i cou ld write something like this.

though, true, one could never write this without being improvisiational