You Say | Teen Ink

You Say

April 25, 2010
By Anonymous

You say I love you. You say your not going to leave me.
You tell me your sweet lies, and like a fool I fall for them again and again.
You say everything will be ok and nothing is going to happen. You tell me one day we will be together again. That one day I will understand. That everything happens for a reason.
That everything is alright. And like a fool I fall for your lies when I know things will never be the same. That things are going to change and there is nothing I can do to help or change that.
You once again tell me those sweet lies. Why do I believe you after all this time?

I guess its because I don’t want to think about it. It’s because I don’t want to believe your going to be leaving me. And I will never be able to talk to you again. I don’t know when I say goodbye to you, that it might be our last goodbye. I don’t know when the last I love you will be said to me.

When I say I love you might be the last time. You have been with me all my life and I cant stand to lose you. I’m not sure what to do without you. You have been there for me when I have needed you the most and when I had no desire for you to be around.
You made me laugh. You made me cry. You made me happy. You mad me angry, but most importantly you made me feel loved.

The author's comments:
This is for my Dad.