Look Around

I look around to see
All the possibilities
Deep inside of me
I look to see

Who I really want to be
Cause I have a choice in life
Yes I have a voice in life

I have a say in the things I want to happen
The things I want to change

When I look around I see people so hard to believe
There so overcomplicated and completely overrated
I see if I want change
It has to be me to make it

Cause I don’t want to be just another face in the crowd
I want to be the one to figure things out

And I really do not mind if I stick out sometimes

Chorus
I look around to see
All the possibilities
Deep inside of me, I look to see

Here-to-be-hear said...
The third stanza brought it down. It just doesn't fit I think you should rewrite the third stanza so it has about 3 or 4 lines instead of two, and I agree with brian on the third stanza part :) other than tht it was good

HeronHero replied...
May 14, 2010 at 12:40 am
Okay I see where you're coming from and you make a good point!:)I'll see what I can do....thanks for commenting!:)

Brian_Lambert said...

Firstly, i must give you congrats for another great peice. Secondly, and this was the first, and only real problem i had.

In the 5th part of the song, you said "I want to be the one to figure things out.", I didn't particularly get why those words were chosen, but i see where you going with the peice, and i full heartedly agree with you.

HeronHero replied...
Thanks so much for the feedback!!!:) The point I was making was that I don't want to blend into the crowd of people who just go about life ignoring the truth. "I want to be the one to figure things out" it could also mean I want to be the one to find the truth! I really appreciate the constructive critisism.....and I hope I helped you to understand my point and I'm glad you like everything else!!!!:)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is a really nice song. I like the message and I'm sure people will be able to relate.  5 stars.

HeronHero replied...
thanyou I really appreciate the feedback!:)

HeronHero replied...
forgive the typo* Thank you

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
sure thing captain.

HeronHero replied...
hahaha now I'm captain?!rofl

what is rofl. i'm not quite accquainted with the dot com or the :) thing. It took me for ever to realize those were smiley faces:)

Mimi8 replied...

I like it! It's awesome!

HeronHero replied...
thanks hun!:) What exactly do you like about it?!:)

Mimi8 replied...
I just like all of it as a song. I think it would be amazing to listen to.

"hun"-isn't he romantic.

Mimi8 replied...
Yeah, I know. I hae when people do that. Like when teachers call you "sweetheart" blech!

I'm not going to continue stalking you but if your'e a girl and your teacher was a guy and you weren't a sweetheat then you might wanna sit back and go "hmmm".....

HeronHero replied...
May 14, 2010 at 12:45 am

For one thanks, I'm hoping to post my songs on youtube soon!:)

For two I'm a girl and I call everyone I know hun it's just a habit I have.....but if you hate it I'll not call you it! lmao

May 14, 2010 at 8:31 am
sorry sweetness.

HeronHero replied...
It's okay smarty pants....:p

no really-i love that name sweetness. i'd call you that even if you were a guy-if i knew you ofcourse.