Dance | Teen Ink

Dance

April 10, 2010
By Anonymous

you are the wind. carried up by the clouds. you dance till the stars are floating with you. you hold onto the night but wake in the morning. you are as fierce as a lion and just like a storm. you open your eyes to see butterflies fly. your sweet as honey and bitter as dust, you keep everything in you till you twirl around. around and around, fast as the wind. you let yourself get caught up in the breeze. you dance till the sun sets over the water, and into the night when the moon holds you shelter. into the breeze, out to the wind, you dance. you dance because you want to feel free. you want to touch the sky and fly like a bird. you wish you could perch on the clouds, and out on the moon where you can fly. don't hold in your sorrow, be as light as a feather. live the life you wanted to live. breath in the fog that gathers at the base of the earth. feel the warmth of the lightening, coming up from over the clouds. be as fierce as the thunder and be as gentle as a calm summers breeze. hold onto me and dance till your heart is like a wave, calming into the ocean's shore.


The author's comments:
When writing this piece I has a tune in my head, so if it doesn't make sense to you, think of you favorite song and sing these words with the melody!