Can We Turn Her Away? | Teen Ink

Can We Turn Her Away?

By horsefreak13 GOLD, Cochranville, Pennsylvania
horsefreak13 GOLD, Cochranville, Pennsylvania

"Christ is not valued at all unless He is valued above all." -Saint Augustine

V1-She stares at the sky, just wondering why
The world is so unfair
She wants to loved and she wants to be held
But people turn her away
She cries every night, tries to reason why
People treat her that way
She knows she looks different from everyone else
But that shouldn't make a difference, but it does.

V2-She lays in a bed, in a hospital room
The nurses move by her side
Her family has gone, cause they think that she's strong, but she's slowly fading away
All she wanted was a friend that would be there with her, but know one ever came near
She sat in school alone, wondering were my life is goin and how I'm gonna make it through it all.

V3-Can we turn her away, from the world we all know, can we give her something more
Can we give her a chance to shine her light?
That God has given her
Can we give her somethin more than the pain we've caused?
Can we turn her away, Can we turn her away?!

V4-It's a rainy day; her family stays by her tombstone
Where she lay; school has never been the same since she left the other day. Heavens now the place for her, since she's left our world. Why did we turn her away?!(x2)

This song gives the message of excepting people for who they are and never letting them down.

on May. 7 2011 at 12:56 pm

wow thank you so much i absolutely love writing and i will continue to keep posting my latest writings

on Apr. 22 2011 at 10:09 pm
BrokenThorn BRONZE, Blenheim, Other

"You've lived your life Like a candle in the wind. Not knowing who to cling to when the rain set in"
- Sir Elton John

I really really like this piece. You've hit me close to home here and I do hope you keep writing and enjoying it

on Jun. 4 2010 at 1:22 pm

wow thank you so much! this really means a lot considering that no one really comments on my stuff! this is such a shock to me! i cant thank u enough! i will be lookin at your stuff but could you please tell other people to look at my stuff too! thanks again :)

sunny13 said...
on May. 27 2010 at 7:03 pm
sunny13, Lynnwood, Washington

"fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, fearless is having fears. fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death."

This is really good!! I love this alot, and it takes alot for me to like other peoples work. You are really great, and I think you are an excelent writer of christian song lyrics. Your inspirational! keep up the good work! Also it would be awsome if you took a look at my work too:)