Save Me

Jesus on every corner;
God behind every door -
I need You here, beside me -
For the world has got me on the floor

Where are you when I need you?
I'm begging; please don't leave me all alone.
You know just as well as I
That I can't do this on my own.

Desperate for Your mercy,
All I want is Your love.
I tried to get it down below...
But now I need it from above.

The Bible tells me something:
That I am Your creation.
Doesn't that fact therefore make me
Worthy of Your savlation?

I'll do anything You want of me.
In my prayers, I shall not yeild.
Even a blind man could see that,
Lord, I'm dying to be healed...

latoto This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 10:14 am
This is REALLY good. What denomination are u?

littlemsawkward This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 10:32 am
I'm a Roman Catholic and I attend a Catholic high school. I am surrounded by prayer every morning and often before each class starts. I just wrote one because I heard someone read a selection that had distinct rhythm and a decent rhyme scheme. Thanks though - I'm really happy you liked it.

LaReSt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 6:50 am
Wow! I'm Baptist actually. Are you really that into religion or are there other things that you want to do that are not godly? Not saying that I'm loose or whatever. I just ask because you are still young.

Mar. 9, 2010 at 7:14 am
The academic and extra cirricular reputations are better at this private school than the public one in my home town which is why I initially chose this school, but it has helped my faith life greatly.
I just got the inspiration and felt the urge to write. It's not my focus in my writing but when I get that sensation I know what needs to happen. I have another poem "Thou Art Pious" that I wrote but it's not on this site because I thought it was a little over the top fo... (more »)

latoto replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 8:20 am
You r good. You should get them published. How old are you?

Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:39 am
I will be 18 in exactly one month. I have only been published on this site and once in the mag. I am gonna try to push my stuff more this summer when I get a book of my high school material published. And college next year should help me get better connected and heighten my chances.