Tender My Wrist | Teen Ink

Tender My Wrist

February 4, 2010
By MoonSong BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
MoonSong BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Its not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau


I can't see through the lies. I can tell you don't try. I believe in romance, souls thriving in a world of empty shells. Your soul spoke to mine, but mine, blind believed every rhyme. At my own espense your empty shell impersonating a soul, lauged at my despair. With swollen eyes I walked without reason and tried to do the same things that made me happy before, but now, after a year, I still yearn for your comorting soul. I believed yours was truly intwined with mine, but t was a joke to you from the beginning. Mouth watering, Itch scrathing, Gut wrenching. And all i have now is a broken soul, tearing at my insides. I find the time to grieve over lost smiles. Insensitivity never came so productively.
You fell away from me
Taking everything
but the kitchen sink
taking everything from me.


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece for problems that occurred to me after a year that I was with a boy who completely convinced me that he was truly in love with me. Problems like how he always treated me like I a person who didn't matter to him, but somwhere under his lies I saw how much he truly cared for me...or so I thought. On top of all of this my sister and I, after i was "okay", continued to hang out at parties and such, thus creating more ties and friends for me to have, boosting my self-confidence. After a few months her 2 year relationship ended and I had yet another best friend in less than 5 years out of 3 others. I found self preservation in my family and decided to get back to my roots, but found that they could live without my care or intentions that I have unfulfilled for my entire teenage life.