We Aren"t Great Lions | Teen Ink

We Aren"t Great Lions

By SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California
SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

If you were any more power hungry you'd starve
Think through this you'll be living large?
Take away my voice, detract from your own authority
Vexed by corruption of your own two hands
Too bad daddy never taught you how to be a real man

You roar but are no lion you ignorant fool
When I see you, I pity
You're proof god is cruel

Hungry, You're starving
Americas obese with hunger for power
At the rate we're going
We'll fall like the towers

Great lions don't fall
Great lions don't fall
Great lions don't fall
When it's too late, you'll know

Wow, this was excellent! I could definately feel the emotion that was exploding out of every word, and you had great repetition at the end. Keep up the good work :)

twiwrite GOLD said...
twiwrite GOLD, Modesto, California

none :P

i liked this one. that was intresting how you aplied the similes between obesity