Dark Nights

Dark Nights

come almost every night…
Glowing moon

Shining stars

to make a wish

might leave a scar

But how could I ask for more
on a dark night like this?
Stalking trees

and sparkling lake

to take a swim

would make me shake

Howling wolves

and fading fears

how much calm can there be here?
Out on a dark night like this love and hate

with peace and war

they’re not even here any more
Nights this dark wear on and on through even the break of dawn
The world grows quiet

and all is well

on these dark nights

I lose myself

Dark nights

may come almost every night…

Moonbeam13 said...
May 7, 2010 at 5:58 am
I love the poem,so much..............

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 6:21 am
I really like this poem and the meaning\ feelings behind it. The end does leave it open more than i'd prefer- but it's not my style, it's yours :) This is really good and visual.

Lover*that*Hates This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 7:11 am
Thank you! The reason it end like that in a sort of drifting off way is just beacsue there are so many other things I could say about Dark Nights and in drifting off like it does it just like saying that the amgic never ends,... thats why I did it.

Mar. 5, 2010 at 7:13 am
sorry tybe-o that crazy word is "amgic" is "magic" sometimes I tbye too fast for my own good :)

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Lol I understand completely about the typing thing... I do the same sometimes :) And I know what you mean, about the writing- cool.