I Took The Stars

I needed a light/ To hold me in the darkness at night/ And since you wee never near/ All that was a thousands miles away was here/ I took the stars from the sky/ I took the truth and left it to be a lie/ I took the tears from my dark hour cry/ I'm not giving them back, even if you try/ I'll leave the sun and moon for you/ And the night that the stars didn't appear/ You looked at me as if you knew/ And the air felt cold and alone, as if it never blew/ At nights we would watch the stars and I remember how you would stare/ And as far as they seemed, they were always near/ I took the stars from the night/ I took the world's bright, shining light/ Now the moon seems all alone/ And maybe it's time to send them back home/ And I took the stars from your dreams/ And while they were gone, the world changed it seems/ Oh, I took the stars from the sky/ I took the truth and left to be a lie/ I took the tears from my dark hour cry/ And now the time is right/ I'll put the stars back tonight/ And I'll put the stars back for you to see/ I'll put them back for you and me

esmirnaZz said...
I really enjoyed reading this since I also like writing in a similar form. I also like the fact that you wrote it inspired by Mazzy Star, also a band I like. One of their songs is usually in my head when I write-Fade into You. Good job!! :)

cmb302 said...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 11:20 am

this poem was amazing i liked how the poet used rhetorical devices and the concept of the poem was romantic for readers it was enjoyable.. i loved it

kasiajonas said...
It's great. I love the way you expressed everything by metaphors.

jonas_chic899 said...
awww :) i like this alot!!!!!!!!! the whole concept is really cute!

INnaturegirl said...
wow this is really good!!!!!! i love the message it gives!!! great work!!!!!!!!!