You're Mine | Teen Ink

You're Mine

By distant_dreamer GOLD, Belmont, New Hampshire
distant_dreamer GOLD, Belmont, New Hampshire

"Life's a climb, but the view is great!"

Verse 1:

When you’ve lost your way,
And you don’t know which path to take; Just reach for my hand, and I’ll show you the way
When the storm of life brings you farther than you want to go
Reach for my hand, and I’ll never let go.

Chorus:
When the rain falls,
when the sky is dark
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart
From right now, to the end of time
I will always be there, and you’ll be just fine, cause your mine,
oh you’re mine!

Verse 2:

When trials seem to rip up your dreams,
Don’t give up, and don’t give in
Don’t let Satan win.
Remember that I’m fighting by your side,
So never run and never hide!

Chorus:

When the rain falls, when the sky is dark
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart.
From right now, to the end of time
oh you’re mine!

Sometimes things happen that we can’t understand,
But call out to the Father,
take Him by the hand!

Chorus:
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart.
From right now, to the end of time
I will always be there, and you’ll be just fine, cause your mine, oh you’re mine!

You will always be mine!

Hi everyone! This is my very fist song that I have ever written!! I hope that you all like this song, and I would Really appreciate it if you could rate and comment, I really want to know how everyone thinks of this! Thanks again!!!

limelove said...
limelove, Gresham, Oregon

Memories last forever.

I really like this song i can't stop singing it in my head. Keep it up.

RisingMomoM.R. SILVER, Georgetown, Texas

i think of experiences and images...as being stored in the rootcellar of my mind, hibernating in the dark in the dark until they are ready for stories.
-Daniel Keyes

bravo. i'm singing it my self and spectacular. keep it up

Cinder SILVER said...
Cinder SILVER, Auckland, California

''Curiosity kills the cat''

You have real talent, well done :)

Nick121 BRONZE said...
Nick121 BRONZE, Manhasset, New York

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Michael Jordan

that was a great son

kpott4 SILVER said...
kpott4 SILVER, Flemingsburg, Kentucky

Sometimes, it takes more strength to just let go

I really really like this, you have alot of talent!

Olive_Eyes GOLD, Granite Falls, Washington

"My life has been one big joke, a dance that's walked, a song that's spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself" Maya Angelou

Hey (: i love this song, even though I don't believe in god, that doesn't make it any less amazing. Keep it up!

BeTwEenDrEaMiNGaNdCoMiNGTrUE PLATINUM, Howell, Michigan

“If I speak in the tongues of angels, but have not love, I'm only a resounding noise , If I have the gift of knowledge, And if my faith moves mountains high, But have not love I am nothing… Though I know the One, Who holds the stars in the heavens, In the palm of His hand, If I give all I possess , To the poor and the helpless, I'll still gain nothing, Without love… Love's patient, True love is always kind, Love does not envy, Never brags, it's never proud, Slow to wrath, it keeps no records of wrongs against friends, Love forgives… It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (1 Corinthians 13:1-5,7)
“If the world hates you, remember that it hated Me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” John 15:18-19
"The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these the spirit blooms..." ~ George Santayana

distant_dreamer, whatever you do DON'T stop, I completely understand what you mean about how discouraging it is when someone bashes you're belief in God, it makes it really hard sometimes. But that's why we need people like you to keep it coming and challenge the stereotypical world view that God is bad or condemning. I know one thing above all else, God is LOVE and remember, you're not the only one going through challenges like this. I for one will stand right by you thru this :) keep on believing!! “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." John 15:17-19

frank BRONZE said...
frank BRONZE, Aligarh, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
its osum ..........love it

leelee_b SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

"Time moves on, either you get on the train or get left behind."

love the lyrics. great job.<3.=^.^=

Cjaee said...
there is no way his is your first . It is beautiful . i love it so much . You should keep going in this area . ! You're gonna go far . !!

megglemsm97 said...
on Dec. 1 2010 at 6:55 am
megglemsm97, Middlesex, New Jersey

"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."

Youre TOTALLY welcome!! It's cool to have someone who isn't afraid to write about god...I dont rlly go to church or anything but I think it's pretty when ppl write about it...and I give my honest opinion when I say ur truly talented and the whole point of writing is expressing yourself...so don't be afraid to express how you feel and dont care about what anybody else thinks:) because that's what makes it unique in it's own way:) Im goina def check out more of your work! keep writing:)

AliMallie BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times, hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

I love the spiritual take on this, because it distinguishes the song among all the love songs in the world. Well done! This is your first??? I can't wait to read what you write once you're even better!

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

At first I thought it was a love song, then I realized it was about god. cool.

Belle97, thank you so much! You have no idea how much encouragement you gave me...b/c really, I was going to stop, people seemed to just hate it and say stuff like why does God have to be in it, it would be so much better w/o Him...but you, you are the most kindest person that ever commented on this...and i want to thank you! :) I will def. check out your work. thanks again!

poetrydiva93 BRONZE, Ferguson, Missouri

"..Never let the fear of striking out..keep u from playing the game.."

very good!

megglemsm97 said...
megglemsm97, Middlesex, New Jersey

this is awesome!! reallyy deep..and dn't let ppl tell u its no good..its your writing and including god is totally ur decision..i think it actually emphasises the meaning of the song and makes it alot deeper than most songs!! keep up the good work..this should b publushed!! plz chek out some of my stuff nd comment...thanks:)

Thank you so much!!! :) I do, just not down on paper. lol :P I'm glad you like it, there are a lot of people who think b/c i have God within my song, it isn't as good...but I think it's awesome! lol :D Thanks so much again, churchboy23!

churchboy23 said...
on Nov. 11 2010 at 7:58 am
churchboy23, Cleveland, Ohio
Nice song do you have music to it i like how you incorporated God gives it a good touch

on Nov. 5 2010 at 9:58 am
LoveSickenedRebel GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

"Why does everyone think I need a man? Look if you find a guy who is decent, good with kids and has respect for women, call me." "It is better to have loved, than to have never loved at all."

Love this song. That for writing it!

Im50tyson said...
I like this. Its deep