You're Mine

Verse 1:

When you’ve lost your way,
And you don’t know which path to take; Just reach for my hand, and I’ll show you the way
When the storm of life brings you farther than you want to go
Reach for my hand, and I’ll never let go.

Chorus:
When the rain falls,
when the sky is dark
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart
From right now, to the end of time
I will always be there, and you’ll be just fine, cause your mine,
oh you’re mine!

Verse 2:

When trials seem to rip up your dreams,
Don’t give up, and don’t give in
Don’t let Satan win.
Remember that I’m fighting by your side,
So never run and never hide!

Chorus:

When the rain falls, when the sky is dark
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart.
From right now, to the end of time
oh you’re mine!

Sometimes things happen that we can’t understand,
But call out to the Father,
take Him by the hand!

Chorus:
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart.
From right now, to the end of time
I will always be there, and you’ll be just fine, cause your mine, oh you’re mine!

You will always be mine!

Jordan_monroe_2010 said...
Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:54 am:
I really like this song . I love it when songs arent all about drugs or something that not everyone even has experienced at least with this song i can say that i can realate a lot to and its always good to know your not the only one who has these feeling

Jossevey808 said...
Dec. 4, 2009 at 1:04 am:
aww i luv dis

Arpanan said...
Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:32 am:
Wow! That's awesome. Reminds me of never giving up and sticking together! Good job, make sure to keep writing! Cause your good at it!!

Grace09 said...
Oh my gosh I loved it! I hope it goes to the magazine, you for sure earned it!

MadelynHopeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
o my gosh this is a beautiful song!!!
i love to sing, and i put a little toon to it, and im gonne be singing it all day now!!!! :D
i was thinking about writing one called Invisible Girl, Not Invisible, I'm Right Here, or something like that :)
its about this girl who has always felt invisible, and she's finally taking a stand!!!
do you think you could help me??

Cady_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 26, 2009 at 2:04 am:
Hello Monica, I have read some of the comments, and I really like the inspiration people give to you, and I am glad you wantto carry on with your work, which i think you should, by the way HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Also, my name is Cady, my real name lol, I probably won't reply because i am so busy but I hope you wirte more in the future>>>Cady.

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 26, 2009 at 7:08 am :
Hi Caddy, Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you so much for your comment! The problem is recently I Can't find the right words to come up with a song, and that is "hindering" me to write for right now. :(
Do you have any ideas of how I can come up with a good song that everybody would love? Thanks for commenting, I really love getting comments! :)

ChowD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
made me cry. nice work:)

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 8:55 pm :
Awww, thank you so much!!! :)

thatgirl_93 said...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 8:03 am:
wow. this is fantabulous

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 10:11 am :
Thank you soooooo Much!!!!

futureWriter said...
This is a great song! and it's only your first? That's absolutely amazing! keep up the good work!!

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 24, 2009 at 8:48 pm :
Thanks! Yup this is my very first song! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

cheyb88 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:44 am:
I love it its great check out some of my work ;)

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:47 am :
Thanks! Sure, I will! :) Btw, Happy Thanksgiving!!

cheyb88 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 12:55 pm :
Thnaks you too! Enjoy your turkey!

sweetNsour said...
Oh wow! great song.. I almost wish I could hear the music to go along with it!! your a kick a--- butt writer=] keep up the fantastic lyrics.. record this and put it on youtube or sometime..it will be a big hit.. I'll put it all over facebook.someones sure to recognize you.. who knows! you could be the next Taylor Swift =] haha, well I have to go help my step-mom with the pumpkin pies.. great song.

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 8:13 am :
Hey sweetNsour, thank you so much for your comment, I think that was the best complement anybody has EVER given me!! You really made my day and encouraged me to go on with my song writing!! Well, someday I'll probally put it on Youtube, and Facebook. I don't have a Facebook right now, so that wont really happen for right now, but your free to put it on yours. :) Thanks again for the Amazing comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Btw, I'll be sure to check out your work! :)

sweetNsour replied...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 5:48 pm :
well geez! you totally just made my day by me making your day! lol.. and yeah I definetely think you should keep writing.. because you totally have potential(SP) to.. theres alot of great artist on here.. but only a few so far have caught my eye..

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 8:37 pm :
Awww, thank you so much! Btw, what's your name? My name is Monica! :) Thanks so much again!!!! I hope my work was one that "caught your eye" :)