Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

fireandrainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Girl Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nattiebug002889 replied...
you really need to re-evaluate that song. Just think about it, the meaning wasn't very clear. IDK if that was the point or what. Just a suggestion. I still loved it.

Vianey26 said...
liked it! what the title says, ITS TRUE!!!! says a fellow girl

KateeRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
AMAZING :) This is so relatable!

emmib333 said...
Hey Amy!!!! First, this is so frickin true. Second, my band and I have a really good beat but cant think of any lyrics. Do we have your permission to experiment with your lyrics? Much appreciated!!

TheBlackCrow901 said...
I really liked this!!!!!!!

love4 said...
true true this is so beutifully written keep up the good work

Martia said...
i fell in love with these lyrics i love the message they send and the way there wrote is amazing

love4 replied...
that is what i was trying to say

BetaD said...
Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:48 am
The lyrics that I read were  wonderful and I loved  the lyricsbecause they were so true the name of the song was Never Understimate a Girl and that is so true boys do that so many and times and that is so sad because girls are so good and they should not just do that  like that one line is just like saying don´t play with em cause they are emotional and that is what most guys don´t see until they break or hurt her heart and ofcourse  there are those who do know ho... (more »)

Lobsterhead said...
This is soooooo the next world-famous YouTube pop song!!! Great Job

sarah.small18 said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:44 am
i liked it

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Girls&guys should have the same treatment (: Good song though!

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
good poem. however the poem is bit preachy and theme is over used. however, you do have talent

. replied...
I agree 1000%. I get that girls are great and stuff. I too share the gender, but this almost sounds like you think all guys are this way, or the way you continue to say it over and over again makes it lose its impact. I get the whole "go girl go" mentality, I just think you are taking it over board. Nice talent, I just don't agree with what you are trying to say/ your thinking of the subject.

SchWag said...
Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:28 am
awesome (:

Emerald said...
I love this.

scenegurr said...
I think this piece is very reassuring and.. powerful. The sense of control is great, however it seems kind of sexist. it makes it seem like you're saying girls are better than guys. It's original in the fact that you brought equality to a new light; saying that the female species will one day overpower man.

. replied...
Equality and taking over the world are two very different things.If you were to say something about more equal pay, which is a problelm, I'd back you up. Saying women will take over the world makes the message of women's rights activists muddy and unclear. This is from a fellow female.  You are just taking it overboard and then some. P.S. Female isn't a species. It's a gender. You are giving off the vibe that females aren't humans when you... (more »)

writingriver05 replied...
i think that she should write whatever she should write i mean why cant the female gender not  be a species? i dont know (P.S. awesome poem!!!)

remember16 said...
Sept. 27, 2012 at 6:24 am
amazzzzinnng!