Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

4evameme said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:32 am:
wow i love that thats really good and also true i could get a little beat in mind. who eva you are you got skills.

Bubbs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:20 pm:
Wooo! Girl Power. Loving it xx

TheDreamerandBeliever said...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:35 am:
I love this, because it is so true. Us women are so much more powerful than what people underismate us to be.

greatwriter said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm:
I love it ! You should write music to go with it.  

vaidaspade10 said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:55 pm:
I think you might like a couple of my poems. I really liked this, very powerful.                        TeenInk.com/users/vaidaspade10

MissRedPoet said...
Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:41 pm:
This is true and I can prove it in more ways then one. io really like your lyrics.

missyeveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i think this song is an amazing one, i like how all the lyrics go together. its better than any song iv ever tried to write, keep up the good work.

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
as a guy this is honestly hard to swallow but i hve to sy that it is true. i wish it wasn't but that's life. i do have to say that we are tougher than you only by strength of body not by strenth of mind. that's how guys were made thats why we build muscle when we have a growth spirt and girls dont im not braggin. im just saying that yall girls can out think us and most of the time we can out strenth you. but i think we were made like that so that a man and a women can become as one.a... (more »)

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:17 pm :
sorry about the grammer mistakes...  

Maddie.O.28 replied...
Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:51 pm :
Wow. Personally, as a girl, I really appreciate your opinion. It's very forward and not in any way offending. Not too many guys I've heard agree with what you just pointed out, so just wanted to say that's indeed quite a grand quality to posess- I think so, at least. I can also tell you probably write alot, and most likely very well as I'd like to add :D

KristenAndStephenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:23 pm :
I have to agree! Beautiful poem, and an amazing thing that you can say that! Thank you for being that one guy who can change girls' views on your entire gender!!! :-) Amazing way to put it! :-D

Plume said...
This is wonderful ! Good job :) please check out my work

mommy13 said...
that is so true i love it

Heatahar said...
Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:36 am:
this made me chuckle, I like it. 

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:26 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad :)

boondocks replied...
Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm :
I really like yr poem. In i am a boy keep going yr poem is really strong. That is true when u say we need that girl who going to be their for us boy's. keep it up yr boy john-john.

Kendra D. said...
Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:35 am:
this was horrible. just stop.

Sam R replied...
Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:07 am :
Exactly, thank you Kendra. This is absolutely terrible.

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm :
Kendra, the comments are meant to be critiques, positive comments or thoughts. If you're going to be insulting and negative, you have no business making comments or even being on this site. Grow up. This was expressing and my personal voice, three years ago. Thank you for reading it, but, don't be nasty.

Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:19 pm :
really people you couldnt do any better