Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

leuxielovely said...
In a way it sounds like many songs i've heard, even though it is good i feel it lacks originality.

monkeyluvs2write said...
Whenever I read SOng lyrics, I look for something that signifies that it is good, and your poem has it. WHen I read this in my head, I can easily imagine the music and the beat to which this could be sung. Personally I hear this as a rap song with the chorus sung with a high, but no to high voice. Kind of like Monster by rhianna.

Jenny000 said...
Really wanna hear this to music :) I really like the last stanza about the Disney characters

JosiSunny said...
That is genius

XandiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yeah! Never underestimate women!

MeggieMillsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
oooh I loved this! I am against all sexist males who think they rule and women cant- But they really shouldnt underestimate us. Girl power rules!!!

Countrygirl565 said...
I really like this it is sooo true!  Keep writing! :)Most people are so closed off to the way us girls work and we definetely know what we are talking about.

AmberNAE18 said...
Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:48 am
This is amazing!!! I really love it! Keep up the good work.

MichealMulkey said...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:51 am
I believe this was either writing out of free time or complete self pitty of a past experience. When writing with emotion, you must use a topic that will set a fire through most readers, while reaching out to females, males are catching the butt-end of the deal with the understanding of this text. (or song) Males, that have any understanding, serve theyre place as dominacy in any animal kingdom based and religiously based research. When you look into the fact that women used to have hardly any r... (more »)

A.M.Geyer replied...
look, if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

JadeKae replied...
Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:45 am
ok really? the fact that you think men are above women makes you extremely pathetic. NO ONE is or ever will be above anyone else.

Shade3043 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
So no one is above any one else, yet this person is pathetic? Logic. Use it.

Horror-Mistress replied...
Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:04 am
as a girl, I do kind of agree with Micheal. Men have always been the stronger beings. women have grown by watching men and learning from them. Men and women should be equal, but men have always been there to protect their women, the one thing that men have always had above women. In old cultures, women could have as many husbands as they wanted and vise versa for men. Westernization, or religion, changed that. They saw that women were inferior, and at the time, we very much were. Whether that wa... (more »)

KaylaaLovee said...
Amazing! #GirlPower !  

riplms2005 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
loved it!!!!

DrowningPenelope said...
Let's go girl power! It should be a rap song. Not enough of that genre gives women a positive feeling.

MichealMulkey replied...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:54 am
The song "girls" -beyonce??

C.Blanco_10 said...
Its pretty good.

VampiricAngel13 said...
This song is great but tell me, is it a rap? I would like to know the genre. And plus, You don't underestimate anyone, no matter what. It doesn't matter who people say you are, it what you say you are, so don't lie and try to beef yourself up, you'll probably just end up the worst one off. Sorr y for the rant. :D Really LOVE the lyrics! Mwah!

josh_wyatt said...
hello Amanda,
 my name is josh and i just want to liet you know that when i read your song "never underestimate a girl" i thought it was amazing