Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 3 at 8:51 pm:
Psst. Ariel left the sea and sold her soul to be with a MAN. Belle got with Beast (or Adam) because SHE fell for HIM. Not because HE fell for HER. Do your homework next time. Jeez. -_-

Nelly_NellThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 21 at 10:35 am :
It was true love when Eric and Ariel fell in love and as for Bell and the beast they didn't fall in love when they first met it took time for Bell to love the beast.

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 21 at 11:17 pm :
It might have been "true" love when Ariel and Eric first met, but how would they have known that? You can't just fall in love with a stranger, it works out 0.00000001% of the time.

Mar. 22 at 9:33 am :
But this was a fairy tale not real life or else there wouldn't be a mermaid so in the fairy tales true love can really happen,

Mar. 27 at 11:01 pm :
Then why make it as a comparison to things that happen in real life? That's what this poem does wrong. 

Apr. 5 at 7:07 pm :
It does not do anything wrong at all because the comparison actually had nothing to do with true love its comparing to how strong a girl is. 

Apr. 5 at 9:45 pm :
But Ariel wasn't strong, she fell for a guy that she just met! The fact that Ariel left the sea doesn't make her strong, it makes her rebellious. There's a HUGE difference.

Apr. 28 at 1:28 am :
she was strong because it took a lot out of her to leave her home knowing it would hurt her father so... yea 

Apr. 28 at 1:31 am :
yes she was storng becasue it took a lot out of her to leave her home especially knowing that it would hurt her father so....yea shje is very stong...

racha said...
Mar. 3 at 1:40 pm:
Not bad!!!5 stars out of 5

leuxielovely said...
Jan. 19 at 5:50 pm:
In a way it sounds like many songs i've heard, even though it is good i feel it lacks originality.

monkeyluvs2write said...
Jan. 18 at 5:15 pm:
Whenever I read SOng lyrics, I look for something that signifies that it is good, and your poem has it. WHen I read this in my head, I can easily imagine the music and the beat to which this could be sung. Personally I hear this as a rap song with the chorus sung with a high, but no to high voice. Kind of like Monster by rhianna.

Jenny000 said...
Jan. 17 at 2:04 pm:
Really wanna hear this to music :) I really like the last stanza about the Disney characters

JosiSunnyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 6 at 1:12 pm:
That is genius

XandiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yeah! Never underestimate women!

MeggieMillsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
oooh I loved this! I am against all sexist males who think they rule and women cant- But they really shouldnt underestimate us. Girl power rules!!!

Countrygirl565This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like this it is sooo true!  Keep writing! :)Most people are so closed off to the way us girls work and we definetely know what we are talking about.

AmberNAE18 said...
Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:48 am:
This is amazing!!! I really love it! Keep up the good work.

MichealMulkey said...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:51 am:
I believe this was either writing out of free time or complete self pitty of a past experience. When writing with emotion, you must use a topic that will set a fire through most readers, while reaching out to females, males are catching the butt-end of the deal with the understanding of this text. (or song) Males, that have any understanding, serve theyre place as dominacy in any animal kingdom based and religiously based research. When you look into the fact that women used to have hardly any r... (more »)

A.M.Geyer replied...
Feb. 21 at 5:12 pm :
look, if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

JadeKae replied...
Feb. 23 at 11:45 am :
ok really? the fact that you think men are above women makes you extremely pathetic. NO ONE is or ever will be above anyone else.