Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

GeorgiaLaz said...
What a great poem! I love your reference to Disney princesses, because they're often thought of as weak, always depending on their prince, but your poem shows us their strength. And the strength that all women posess.

Valerie S. said...
This is so cool! True this does happened in everyday life, With people like me or all of you. Keep up the awesome work.

Valerie S. said...
Did you know you can now tag other users using "@"?

Hulagirl808 said...
Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:46 am
Cool Song. Keep up the good work!

catty98eThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nice!!! love the female empowerment theme but it just flows! You'll do great some day:)

nathan starkey said...
Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:17 am
hi i might be a boy buy i think this was epic i hope you have more songs as would love to hear more

Ava B. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! It's very empowering!

Harmelia said...
This is incredible!!! I absolutely loved it. How you used comparison with the Disney Princesses was amazing. I sang the first part like a song and the second like a rap. I loved it.

mads1827 said...
Beautiful, I was thinking about the time I seriously beat some boys in chess

TravelerenRouteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:25 am
I love this song!!

Islander said...
I like your Disney refrences. The lyrics flow nicely.

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very unnusual, but in a good way. I like it!

itserratic said...
AWESOMENESS! I read it like a rap. LOL. 

MadisonACS replied...
@itserratic me too!

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 26, 2014 at 9:27 am
Retweet 

dgeileen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yay girl power! The message reminds me of songs like Who Run the World (Girls).

AllyRaven said...
Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:52 am
Wow! I love this song! You should do more work like this. I'm going through a tough time and this song made me feel stronger. Thank you!

moderndayEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:30 am
I think people are created equal. Everyone is equal. I don't think there has to be a argument about who's equal or who's stronger, I mean everyone's different. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. And if girls are that different from other girls (because you're you, and being you is diferent from everyone else. whether you like it or no, I'm sorry.) then yea, I'm sure girls are different from boys. Not a bad difference, a good difference. And I'm glad you'... (more »)

Snugglebug16 said...
May 15, 2014 at 8:39 am
All people are equal. The world just doesn't treat them like it'. So to answer your question yes I do think that everyone is equal.

Starcatcher001 said...
Although many people out there are ignorant to the inequality still present in today's society, those of us who realize these injustices can do such admirable things to try and open the eyes of people around us. This is a very powerful and inspirational piece that was obviously written by one of the afore-mentioned people; she realizes that girls are often treated like lesser beings and she is taking a stand.