Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

KaitMalo said...
this was great! simply fantastic. could not have said it better myself

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:33 am
I totally agree, being a boy or girl has NOTHING to do with skill!!!

writerfreak89 said...
This is a beautiful piece! I totally wish I was the one that wrote this! LOL! It is really good. It shows a lot!

JD6671 said...
This is really good, and I can see your point, you got it through with much clarity. Also, as a guy, I know us guys are always putting you girls down, which I hate. I wish we could treat you as equals and not treat you as secondhand people, like your nothing. Anyways, really great piece, I'm totally speechless! Oh, and if you want you can read some of my pieces.

kate12345me replied...
Jan. 13, 2012 at 7:03 am
That is so sweet! And I wanted to reply because I second this comment wholeheartedly! This is a great and invaluable insight into the life of a girl. Keep up the effort!

IMadePaintThatLookedLikeCupcakesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I love this piece. It is very good. Awesome clarity. Also, I love your comment, JD6671. Coming from a guy, it's truly remarkable.

KaitlinJ said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:31 am
I thoroughly enjoyed the idea of this song, it was a very good example that men are not always in control in a relationship. I was happy with the fact that someone was confident enough to write a song explaining this to others. Because many people underestimate the ability a girl may have.

Becky Brown said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:01 am
I like the song lyrics. The only downfall is I think the words "never underestimate a girl" are repeated too much. After reading the lyrics all I really remember are those lyrics and not the information in between.

CaitlinElizabeth replied...
Isnt that kind of the point? She makes her point and does it in a way you cant forget.

kayybabe2xx said...
thiis iis cute !

Soni-kay said...
This is so powerful and really amazing.

Tremendous said...
I understand the message you are trying to get across, good job with clarity. Only suggestion would be to use more refined vocabulary to attain the desired effect. Overall, solid effort. Looking forward to hearing this on the radio! Good job, keep it up! Please consider checking out my work.

KATniss said...
i think this song is really totally amazing. So many parts in the world where men are in control, but women are just as if not more powerful. The world wouldn't be here without us.

LittleSully replied...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 7:11 am
I think this is great! I'm a big athlete at my school and I'm always tired of having guys say they're better than me. Great job:)

vazenitran98 said...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:06 am
This was an amazing song that informs everyone that boys aren't always in control.

hamstergirlv said...
Absolutly amazing. I love this song. It's great. :D

Esraa said...
girls can do anything boys can, and this poem is so true, it has a great message to all the other people who ever doubt girl !

Gabazyzen said...
Great song, it's tone has a firm attitude. Its easy to relate to because of the fact that females abilities are ALWAYS underestimated .

CJN0808 said...
I really like your song! Hey anyone reading this come check out and rate and/or comment on my poems, it would really help me out :)  

martiii said...
Dec. 16, 2011 at 9:29 am
fantastic job! i really like this!