Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

Krissy F. said...
I really like the assonance and consonance in the poem. I also love how the stanzas and verses flow nicely.

EmmyCherry said...

Go girls! A great shout for girl power :).

I'm curious - what tune would this be sung in?

ClaireW2882 said...
i love the last stanza! girl power :)

Ivalyn(: said...
I liked how you used rhythm throughout the whole poem. I also liked you used metaphor to compare girls to the rest of the world. Great job(:

T-Plush 2 said...
I really like the personification you had. I also liked the rhythm you had.

Anynomous said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:58 am
In your poem I loved the rhyme scheme that you used, but your rhythm was a little hard to find. I can tell it'll make a very good song though. Nice job.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
I love this! Some of the rhythm could probably flow better but for the most part excellent!

AcrossTheUniverse replied...
Oh, and its more or less empowering (which society needs in a world where women/girls are portrayed as objects).

Hrk997 said...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:04 am
I like to think of poetry as something to express urself. I am guess in some guy was bossing around and hence, this poem.

CodyKinzz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think it's alright, not the BEST but very good.

Aliescha L. said...
Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:10 am
Love it, you did an amzing job!!!!

Writer_Jordan said...
I like it, but one thing I would revise is "she'll know you're thoughts in once glance." to something that didnt interrupt the flow so much "she'll know you're thoughts in just one glance." loved it once again!!

dynasty7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You're piece is amazing and expresses you're emotions in a unique way. I would still like all you girls out there to remember that you can never stereotype everyone, yes I realize that some boys out there act like this, but some of us actually care about what you think also. We just can't write good enough peotry to express that. ;) 

Silver-winged said...
Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:50 am
AWSUME!!!! I love the part where you wrote "Beauty tamed the Beast/ Ariel tamed the sea," but you could have left the word "chorus" out.  Overall I love your poem, and your right, NEVER underestimate a girl :)

C.Lynn said...
I personally loved this poem... maybe because I'm a girl, but you have the right idea. Girls are underestimated all the time and it shouldn't be that way.

KrystalT said...
Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:33 am
This was really good. I don't think that people bring sexist issues up enough anymore. It's like they think that the problems don't exist anymore but they do.

Amberr.Daviss said...
Umm, This is amazing, this is how i feel! i hate when people think they are so much better then everyone else! great jod:)

AlliterationAce said...
Please record!!! The guys will never know what hit them. One day we'll rule the world while they learn what happens when they underestimate us.

AshuM said...
Damn i can feel the power of your words!!! It made me get chills, so powerful.

Birdie H. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:30 am
Tht's great! You should record it!!!!!!!!! Girl power!!!