Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

BigMic BRONZE said...
on Jan. 14 2023 at 6:20 am
BigMic BRONZE, Jakarta, Other
the topic is somewhat stale and frankly boring, its unoriginal overused. however the lyrics are good and I'm sure that your literary prowess could get you quite far, otherwise its a good piece of literature.

BigMic BRONZE said...
on Jan. 14 2023 at 6:20 am
BigMic BRONZE, Jakarta, Other

on Sep. 18 2022 at 3:16 pm
2025KatelynRose, Huntington, Indiana

Nothing is weaker or smaller that the man who hurts woman or children. Whether by his words or actions. -?

This is amazing. I love it.

on Mar. 21 2022 at 6:57 pm
WhyWouldIKnow SILVER, A Real Place, Other
Wow @ILiveToRead I finally found someone who agrees with me! I've always thought this and everyone I've ever tried to explain it to just looked at me like I was an idiot. I've been waiting for someone to recognize that being a guy or a girl doesn't matter because we're all humans in the end.

on Jan. 12 2022 at 12:46 pm
ILiveToRead PLATINUM, Wailuku, Hawaii
I have to say... I find this a a generic type poem with an common washed up topic. And don't get me wrong me as a girl say that women rights are very important. But.. you're trying too hard. How many people are going to keep saying, "Girl power" and "A girl can do anything a guy can do" and "never underestimate a girl" and "girls rule" "women in charge" before everybody shuts the he!! up and realizes that it's not a gender thing it's a human thing, everyone is equal. Done. Point blank. What's with all the lame and stupid phrases about women that don't mean BS. Okay? Can someone just say that no one is on top? That a women can NOT do everything a MAN can do, and a man can NOT do everything a women can do. But what one PERSON can do, another person somewhere out there can do so too. It doesn't mean that just because your a women you can somehow fix a car engine, do you know how to do that? Ever tried? Went to school for it? I mean come on people use logic. Thank you for all those who read through this whole comment, it was a lot sorry. :)

Afra ELITE said...
on Dec. 29 2021 at 10:05 pm
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Finally!!! I found something relevant to myself which I wanted to sing...You're trying to convey a great message through your song...I am certainly agreeing to your point and I'd like to say all my 'whatever they call themselves', NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE AFRA. Love this song...♡♡♡

SPate said...
on Dec. 13 2021 at 4:44 pm
SPate, Charlotte, North Carolina
I love this poem and agree with what it is saying!

Kwill2 said...
on Dec. 13 2021 at 4:34 pm
Kwill2, Charlotte, North Carolina
This is a very powerful and moving poem. I love it. I like how you use so many examples of how girls can be brought down and then counteract them with ways that women take the world by storm as a sort of encouragement. I also like the use of Beauty and the Beast in the poem and the line "cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll"

on Dec. 13 2021 at 2:37 pm
zstewartreffett, Charlotte, North Carolina
I think this poem is very impactful because it highlights how strong and important girls and women are. It reminds girls of how beautiful and talented they really are, so I really liked it.

on Dec. 7 2021 at 11:58 am
ILiveToRead PLATINUM, Wailuku, Hawaii
@Madison-Abigail-White I totally agree

on Nov. 8 2021 at 11:48 am
dunsmores1 GOLD, Ledyard, Connecticut

There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait."

~Hamilton (Via Lin-Manuel Miranda)

I love how you used fairy tales in this too, it's really well written

on Sep. 21 2021 at 1:07 pm
WoodlandFairy BRONZE, Angels Camp, California

"That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and its worth fighting for."

Samwise Gamgee

Girl Power!

on Apr. 15 2021 at 1:02 am
12376-astravo SILVER, Centennial, Colorado

" A writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent, or because everything she does is golden. A writer is a writer because, even though there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any sign of promise, you keep writing anyway." - Junot Diaz

" Overnight Success is almost a myth. Half of this industry is luck, and half is the refusal to quit" - Victoria Schwab

I loved this song. You did such an amazing job putting together the lyrics. You are an amazing song writer. I wish we could hear it with the adequate music and voice. LOVED IT!!! Keep working hard girl. You did amazing!!
(:

on Apr. 3 2021 at 8:26 am
living-dead-girl-666 PLATINUM, Coffeyville, Kansas

The roses are wilted
The violets are dead
The demons run circles
Round and round inside my head

@MaKennah06
I toatly agree

lotusflower said...
on Mar. 22 2021 at 3:23 pm
lotusflower, Kendall, Florida
this is so cool!

950819 said...
on Mar. 1 2021 at 12:30 pm
950819, Fort Worth, Texas
I really like this song lyrics

on Oct. 27 2020 at 6:29 pm
macskinner0712, Hamilton, Michigan

be you cause everyone else is taken
~unknown

@amanda727 I was wondering if I could use this and add some ukelele cords to it I can give you my email and we can talk more if you would like
~Mac Skinner

KJ03 said...
on Oct. 15 2020 at 8:19 am
KJ03, Ewing, New Jersey
I like how the smallest tasks were used as examples like working as a boss and wearing pants not things like birth and periods because those are things that differentiate between men and women and aside from those things apart, women are strong and deserve to be treated as if they aren't fragile and brittle and useless. Great poem!

torrancer said...
on Oct. 15 2020 at 8:04 am
torrancer, Ewing, New Jersey
This was a very interesting yet strong poem because it brings to light the problems faced in society. It makes you think about how women are treated on a day to day basis in America, and how we should fight for whats right.

MaKennah06 said...
on Sep. 16 2020 at 2:05 pm
MaKennah06, Carrollton, Georgia
This is the best thing i have ever read about how society treats women and how men treat women