Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

Rebel_17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 2 at 4:09 pm
You should make a video of you or someone performing this, I wanna her exactly how it goes

EllaJSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 20 at 6:28 pm
Awesome lyrics. I love how you used the princesses to show strength and femininity working in tandem.

ChewuThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29 at 9:31 pm
in love. this is so good.

Aaliyah02 said...
Apr. 1, 2016 at 9:38 am
I love how you used the Disney princesses as a reference! "Beauty tamed the beast,Arial left the sea,we're stronger than you think" I love it!

M.Dagher said...
Go girl power!

carly_crochet said...
Nov. 10, 2015 at 9:49 am
I am a girl, and I love this because I also agree that someone should never underestimate a girl. It shows how other people identify girls as weak. Using the Disney Princesses, "Beauty tamed the Beast Ariel left the sea we're stronger than you think" shows that girl should do what they want to do without anyone telling them they cannot.

readitb4 said...
Nov. 5, 2015 at 11:44 am
Awesome lyrics. I especially like the one that sheebell101 mentioned!

Sheebell101 said...
This song is great because it illustrates how others identify girls as weak, but that’s only the opposite of what we are. “…guess one day you'll see, Beauty tamed the Beast, Ariel left the sea, we're stronger than you think…” reveals that others will see how capable girls are.

GabbyHernandez2 said...
Nov. 4, 2015 at 10:12 am
“You’re sittin' over there, talkin’ like you're better than me, like you've got a right, more skill in everything, like it's destined in some prophecy, but let me tell you something, something one day you'll see, one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about, you’ll step back to re-evaluate me, re-think your priorities,” I like the way you spoke about how people underestimate girls because girls can really show you that they can do much more.

kinly.nicole said...
Nov. 4, 2015 at 9:59 am
Your work is amazing! No one should ever underestimate a girl. I loved the comparison you made with the Disney Princesses, “Beauty tamed the Beast, Ariel left the sea, we're stronger than you think” because it’s saying that girls can do whatever they want to do!

MADDO said...
Oct. 28, 2015 at 8:07 am
Awesomeeeee..... girl power...!!! loved it ...

Flippy said...
Oct. 7, 2015 at 10:19 am
lol, you sure about that ;)

. said...
Sept. 11, 2015 at 7:35 am
GIRLS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

futurista12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
No, you should never underestimate a girl. We can do anything just as well or better than a boy can. I love how you talk about Disney and when you say "never underestimate a girl cuz one day she'll be on your payroll." This is amazing.

13stars said...
GIRL POWER! Great job! Could you maybe critique my work, @amanda727 ! Again awesome job!

SkylerEldredge said...
are you mormon?

jhonathan said...
Mar. 24, 2015 at 11:34 am
That's so awesome and wonderful job !!!!!

WzinterJaguar said...
Mar. 9, 2015 at 10:07 am
that's so good!

dalty said...
I. AM. LOVING. THIS. Good job Ms. Amanda! Very well done! :D

Tamieg1999 said...
Feb. 21, 2015 at 10:22 am
That is really good. I would love to hear the tune. :)