Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

itserraticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 7:44 pm:
AWESOMENESS! I read it like a rap. LOL. 

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 26 at 9:27 am:
Retweet 

dgeileenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 8 at 8:30 pm:
Yay girl power! The message reminds me of songs like Who Run the World (Girls).

AllyRaven said...
Aug. 29 at 7:52 am:
Wow! I love this song! You should do more work like this. I'm going through a tough time and this song made me feel stronger. Thank you!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30 at 10:30 am:
I think people are created equal. Everyone is equal. I don't think there has to be a argument about who's equal or who's stronger, I mean everyone's different. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. And if girls are that different from other girls (because you're you, and being you is diferent from everyone else. whether you like it or no, I'm sorry.) then yea, I'm sure girls are different from boys. Not a bad difference, a good difference. And I'm glad you'... (more »)

Snugglebug16 said...
May 15 at 8:39 am:
All people are equal. The world just doesn't treat them like it'. So to answer your question yes I do think that everyone is equal.

Starcatcher001This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13 at 6:45 pm:
Although many people out there are ignorant to the inequality still present in today's society, those of us who realize these injustices can do such admirable things to try and open the eyes of people around us. This is a very powerful and inspirational piece that was obviously written by one of the afore-mentioned people; she realizes that girls are often treated like lesser beings and she is taking a stand.

Champion_ said...
May 7 at 6:03 pm:
Sassy! I love it!  

JessalynnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 9:19 am:
I love this song, i made one and then made another poem that hasn't gotten approved yet. It's been like 4 days. Still no reply, but yours is really good

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 27 at 2:50 am:
Does anyone really think that everyone is created equal? ANYONE?

Nelly_NellThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 28 at 1:29 am :
yes......i do

ILOVESHERLOCKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 10 at 8:06 am :
Me too! :D

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 29 at 9:56 pm :
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the evolution of any species is that certain babies in that species are born with an advantage. I could ge tthe best trainers in the world and train for 15 hours a day, but I'm never gonna swim as good as MIchael Phelps. Why? Because he was born with an advantage over others.

Jul. 30 at 10:03 am :
Then you have other qualities that Phelps doesn't have to make up for it. We need to look at people with a wholistic view, because people aren't a single skill or talent - they're made up of thousands of components: personality, heart, resilience and so forth. Equality in birth is evident when we weigh all of that up together. 

Jul. 30 at 10:07 am :
Besides, the theory of natural selection is that - a THEORY.

Aug. 4 at 3:42 pm :
Then you have this. Yes, people have good areas, and people have bad areas, but here's the thing. If I'm good at engineering, but bad at cooking, will I be less successful than one who knows nothing about engineering, but is good at cooking? No. Some skills are more useful than others. Yesm the theory of natural selection is a theory, but it is so well backed up that it is almost universally accepted.

Aug. 4 at 9:50 pm :
Not universally, no. 
But that's exactly my point - you can't say someone is born with an advantage over someone else, because we aren't just born with 'one talent' or 'no talent'. Thank you for finally agreeing. :) Skills may be more useful to you than others, but that's not always the case in real life. For example, good writing skills are often valued more by some select people, over let's say, skills as a photographer. But where would journalist... (more »)

blah said...
Apr. 19 at 7:23 pm:
Look Girls/Women=Boys/Men! Not every girl was as you and micheal whatever described. Like Alice Paul, Rosa parks,and many more. It's sexist for you guys to coment like that too. If you believe that then keep it to yourseleves and not ruin the awsome work by having a personal oppion discussion on the comments board. If you want to do that then go to the forums that's what their there for!

bubbles6 said...
Apr. 18 at 1:02 pm:
I love it!!!!! There's so much sass in one song!!!!

EBurn said...
Apr. 17 at 12:26 am:
That's true I don't see in what way women are still confined why do we still need feminism?