Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

M.DagherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 13 at 9:03 pm
Go girl power!

carly_crochet said...
Nov. 10, 2015 at 9:49 am
I am a girl, and I love this because I also agree that someone should never underestimate a girl. It shows how other people identify girls as weak. Using the Disney Princesses, "Beauty tamed the Beast Ariel left the sea we're stronger than you think" shows that girl should do what they want to do without anyone telling them they cannot.

readitb4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5, 2015 at 11:44 am
Awesome lyrics. I especially like the one that sheebell101 mentioned!

Sheebell101 said...
This song is great because it illustrates how others identify girls as weak, but that’s only the opposite of what we are. “…guess one day you'll see, Beauty tamed the Beast, Ariel left the sea, we're stronger than you think…” reveals that others will see how capable girls are.

GabbyHernandez2This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 4, 2015 at 10:12 am
“You’re sittin' over there, talkin’ like you're better than me, like you've got a right, more skill in everything, like it's destined in some prophecy, but let me tell you something, something one day you'll see, one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about, you’ll step back to re-evaluate me, re-think your priorities,” I like the way you spoke about how people underestimate girls because girls can really show you that they can do much more.

kinly.nicole said...
Nov. 4, 2015 at 9:59 am
Your work is amazing! No one should ever underestimate a girl. I loved the comparison you made with the Disney Princesses, “Beauty tamed the Beast, Ariel left the sea, we're stronger than you think” because it’s saying that girls can do whatever they want to do!

MADDOThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 28, 2015 at 8:07 am
Awesomeeeee..... girl power...!!! loved it ...

Flippy said...
Oct. 7, 2015 at 10:19 am
lol, you sure about that ;)

. said...
Sept. 11, 2015 at 7:35 am
GIRLS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

futurista12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
No, you should never underestimate a girl. We can do anything just as well or better than a boy can. I love how you talk about Disney and when you say "never underestimate a girl cuz one day she'll be on your payroll." This is amazing.

13starsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
GIRL POWER! Great job! Could you maybe critique my work, @amanda727 ! Again awesome job!

SkylerEldredge said...
are you mormon?

jhonathanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 24, 2015 at 11:34 am
That's so awesome and wonderful job !!!!!

WzinterJaguar said...
Mar. 9, 2015 at 10:07 am
that's so good!

daltyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I. AM. LOVING. THIS. Good job Ms. Amanda! Very well done! :D

Tamieg1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 21, 2015 at 10:22 am
That is really good. I would love to hear the tune. :)

CeceE14 said...
This is so amazing! I totally agree with you, and I like your Disney references. I really wish I could hear you (or anybody, really) sing it though! I can think up my own sound, but it doesn't seem quite right.

GeorgiaLaz said...
What a great poem! I love your reference to Disney princesses, because they're often thought of as weak, always depending on their prince, but your poem shows us their strength. And the strength that all women posess.

Valerie S. said...
This is so cool! True this does happened in everyday life, With people like me or all of you. Keep up the awesome work.

Valerie S. said...
Did you know you can now tag other users using "@"?