Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

on Mar. 21 2014 at 11:17 pm
Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

It might have been "true" love when Ariel and Eric first met, but how would they have known that? You can't just fall in love with a stranger, it works out 0.00000001% of the time.

on Mar. 21 2014 at 10:35 am
Nelly_Nell GOLD, Bakersfield, California

'' For every dark night there is an even brighter day"

-Tupac Shukar

It was true love when Eric and Ariel fell in love and as for Bell and the beast they didn't fall in love when they first met it took time for Bell to love the beast.

on Mar. 21 2014 at 10:31 am

-Tupac Shukar

It was true love with Eric and Ariel and as for Bell and the beast they didn't fall in love right after they first met it took time for Bell to love the beast.

on Mar. 20 2014 at 11:08 pm

They fell in love after they had just met. That can lead to some pretty awful stuff, as seen in Disney's latest movie.

on Mar. 20 2014 at 1:47 am

-Tupac Shukar

how did they have crappy behavior? All they did was fall inlove. 

on Mar. 18 2014 at 5:01 pm

So no one is above any one else, yet this person is pathetic? Logic. Use it.

on Mar. 18 2014 at 4:58 pm

Reguardless for who fell for who first, both Eric and Ariel had just met each other and decided it was meant to be. They both had crappy behavior, and still, Ariel leaving the sea had nothing to do with the fact that she was a female, as this poem implies. 

on Mar. 17 2014 at 10:40 pm

-Tupac Shukar

eric and ariel fell for each other at the same time and the beast still  fell for bell first 

on Mar. 16 2014 at 1:39 pm

I'm pretty certain that Ariel saved Eric's life, and then fell in love with a person he never met. As for Belle, she got with the person that imprioned her father, and then freed him, only to imprison her.

on Mar. 15 2014 at 10:22 pm

-Tupac Shukar

Umm actually ariel and eric fell for ech other at the same time the beast fell for bell first thats why he had set her free and thats what made her fall for him..

on Mar. 3 2014 at 8:51 pm

Psst. Ariel left the sea and sold her soul to be with a MAN. Belle got with Beast (or Adam) because SHE fell for HIM. Not because HE fell for HER. Do your homework next time. Jeez. -_-

racha BRONZE said...
on Mar. 3 2014 at 1:40 pm
racha BRONZE, Bejaia, Other

"Le bonheur est quelque chose qui se multiplie quand il se divise".Paulo Coelho
which means:Happiness is something that multiplies when it is divided by Paulo Coelho

Not bad!!!5 stars out of 5

JadeKae SILVER said...
on Feb. 23 2014 at 11:45 am
JadeKae SILVER, Jonesville, Michigan

Live Your Dreams

ok really? the fact that you think men are above women makes you extremely pathetic. NO ONE is or ever will be above anyone else.

on Feb. 21 2014 at 5:12 pm
A.M.Geyer PLATINUM, Alverton, Pennsylvania

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

look, if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

leuxielovely said...
on Jan. 19 2014 at 5:50 pm
leuxielovely, Dayton, Oregon

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12 NLT)

In a way it sounds like many songs i've heard, even though it is good i feel it lacks originality.

on Jan. 18 2014 at 5:15 pm
monkeyluvs2write GOLD, Falls Church, Virginia

“What man calls civilization always results in deserts. Man is never on the square – he uses up the fat and greenery of the earth. Each generation wastes a little more of the future with greed and lust for riches.” -- Don Marquis

Whenever I read SOng lyrics, I look for something that signifies that it is good, and your poem has it. WHen I read this in my head, I can easily imagine the music and the beat to which this could be sung. Personally I hear this as a rap song with the chorus sung with a high, but no to high voice. Kind of like Monster by rhianna.

on Jan. 17 2014 at 2:04 pm
Jenny000 BRONZE, Perrysburg, Ohio

“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer,to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life."

Really wanna hear this to music :) I really like the last stanza about the Disney characters

JosiSunny GOLD said...
on Jan. 6 2014 at 1:12 pm
JosiSunny GOLD, Lehi, Utah

"We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it LOVE."
-Dr. Seuss

That is genius

Xandi said...
on Dec. 9 2013 at 10:18 pm
Xandi, Mckinney, Texas

"Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress." -Kiera Cass

Yeah! Never underestimate women!

on Nov. 28 2013 at 2:25 pm
MeggieMills SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland

I write...so therefor I am a Writer.

oooh I loved this! I am against all sexist males who think they rule and women cant- But they really shouldnt underestimate us. Girl power rules!!!

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare